Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. #41 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    I believe Xinyuan should consider what Jialing is doing with its RFVC 400, that being offer a horizontal model line based on their 400cc engine.

This 223cc is or may be more versatile for both street and modest off roading, it is just an upgraded commuter. It is actually what I like seeing them do, but I would like to see more evidence of real high quality manufacturing and after sales support, before I see more power and displacement.
    Last edited by MJH; 01-26-2013 at 12:02 AM.

2. #42 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    Jialing is offering some images of the JH200-8 on their Turkish website. But are not offering it as a current model yet or any other details.

They are offering a few 150 models priced around $1,600.00

Here are some more images.

I would say that Jialing is readying these bikes for the markets, they are assembling bike in south America they have a solely owned operation in Columbia. They are not rushing anything they are only offering very simple basic models and all under the Jialing name.

These are obviously going to be the next offerings and they are not bad looking. In markets like Turkey and South America they will likely sell allot of them.

It looks Nice and Comfortable.

Image Search
    Last edited by MJH; 02-22-2013 at 03:29 PM.

3. #43 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    Jailing's partner for distribution in Turkey is Ozdemir.

This is a 150 model being offered in Turkey.

Not a bad get around bike for $1,600.00 USD.

I am kind of anxious to see what they offer the 223 versions for it seems that Turkey may be the test market for the initial bikes? I am not sure why the model name is going back and fourth I've seen the
    700i models being displayed as 200,223 and 250? What matters is it a good engine? I read close to 17hp and also that it has a balance shaft and it does also have a 6th gear. I am not personally looking for race bikes out of china or even a motocross at this stage. Only commuter bikes and this engine seems very good to me if it is smooth and has good acceleration. .

4. #44 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    "Increase your expectations"

5. #45 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    So it seems like the new CBi 700 engines come with ECUs from Delphi. Good news or bad news?
    ------------------------------
    JH-150GY-3

6. #46 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    I do not think for a minute that the Jialing initiatives will be that fruitful. I assume they are developing these engines in an attempt to compete in Brazil. They will not do well in China because the Chinese industry is cheating itself, it has high levels of unenforceable regulations. They likely will sell well in some EU markets obviously Turkey is seen as the best of those.

It has a Delphi EFI and that is the same brand used by HD, it comes from or through the same channels. I suspect that HD and Delphi work well together as for Jialing and Delphi, I doubt they do. Most American companies do business with the Chinese and all say they wish they did not have to.

I believe that Delphi has only been offering its products to the Chinese motorcycle industry since 2008?

KTM pretty much demonstrated how to effectively capitalize on emerging markets through India. They identified sweet spots in the markets and built to capitalize on those. I really do not see a 223cc air cooled engine being a sweet spot in any market, its a high end commuter bike. Compared to the KTM Dukes it is not going to get any serious attention in any markets. Not to say it is not a decent offering it is just not anything revolutionary and it has no real big target audience in an particular markets.

Is it a 125cc learner targeted at Europe, is it a 200cc pocket rocket targeted inside of India.

A 223cc EFI bike offered up in China would get some attention but only if it was very low cost and really reliable and in that well supported, ifs and ands were pots and pans, who cares they are so hard to take serious.

I think the 223cc bikes are alreight, but who get access and what will the prices be? That is the most common question asked by the Chinese audience, they all seem to be saying stop with all the singing and dancing just offer the bikes already, also do not ask a fortune for them as we already do not trust any of you.

7. #47 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    This is the bike I would want with the 223cc engine, with set of upside down forks and a disk brake in front.
    3.00 18” tire in front and 3.50 18” in back. I do not care if it has EFI or not, I like the 223cc engine with a sixth gear and also a balance shaft.

8. #48 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    i am just looking for a light and nimble offroad bike for touring and the 223gy would be exactly what iam looking for if it was really reliable. after all the stories abut the jh600 controll units it does not seem very likely. but i think tonremember that the jh 600 units were provided by bosch...?
    ------------------------------
    JH-150GY-3

9. #49 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    I am fairly sure that the Wonjan GN250-C has a Delphi EFI and also the Qianjiang V250 also use Delphi.
    These companies pay at least five figures to get a prototype, I believe that is on paper and from the technical data they provide on the engines to Delphi. Then consult probably cost more from there into configuring a working model and also training or developing training etc.

You would not have any troubles with the people at Delphi, but the other side that is forever convoluted.

http://delphi.com/manufacturers/auto...gas/ems/small/

10. #50 Re: Jialing Honda 230 223 Enduro EFI 
    Jialing will be offering new models this year, the 200 is actually a 180cc and the 250 is a 223cc.
    That explains the JH200, its actually a 180cc.
    Not sure but believe this says the 223cc will be offered in May 2013 and the 180cc in Sept 2013?
    and the prices will be $2,057.00 USD/12800 RMB for the 250 models.

The dual sport also has a release date of March 2013

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast