Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 preparing for a trip to Jinhua 
    coming soon!
    Just a short introduction. I live in Germany and I am making plans to visit my son who is in Jinhua these days. I hope to be able to experience the country from the seat of a motorcycle. That is going to be my first encounter with chinese-made bikes by then.
    Until now I know japanese bikes only.
    In order to prepare well, I'd like to hear about any recommended places to visit within say a couple of hundred miles around Jinhua. I specially like beautifull scenery.
    Any hints?

Georg,

Ykarus, also a new member from Deutschland and just moved into Jinhua. Maybe you are related to him? He and his girlfriend a setting up for some riding and he may be able to give you some first hand experience.

In general, if you're looking for some fun and mind-blowing experiences on motorcycle in China, all you have to do is get on and head out of town. Even the big cities very quickly become very rural as you leave the town center often revealin beautiful farm roads, lakes tucked away in mountains (like HuangShan) or unexpected forests. You can also always try some coastal beach areas. It's such a huge country and travel by bike is generally pretty slow so it seems that much bigger!

China is a relatively unridden continent - at least as far a foriegners are concerned - and many of the places you'll choose to go to will be the first. For this reason, it's nice to take pictures and record your trip which is usually good for everyone as we try to explore the country bit by bit.

How long will you be there?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

coming soon!
    @CrazyCarl,
    For sure you were correct when guessing about my son.

Today I can't tell for how long I can stay. It will only be for a few weeks. That depends
    on how long I may escape from my job as well as whether or not ykarus has time to guide me along. Presently I am desperately trying to learn some chinese. However, I don't think I'll be able to get along without him helping me.

From all the great stories here as well as in other forums where you left your remarks , I understand that I will probably have the rare chance to see a that part of the planet before masses of western tourists put their feet on it. Be sure, there will be travel report. I intend to bring my Nikon and shoot what I can. Unfortunately, I am not as talented as you are, and I will probably not spend the time to wait for the proper lighting and so on. So expect more documentary style shots. At the end of the day,
    photography is only one of my hobbies.

From a glance at a map, which I just bought over here, there should be plenty of scenery within a few days ride from Jinhua. And it is scenery as well as the little interesting things along the road, what I am striving to see. I only have to find the
    nice roads. So I'll be happy to receive hints.

To maximize efficiency, best thing to do is let us know more details as your trip plans congeal. In practice, you could pick any direction and have a wild time. Doing it with your son would be a a valuable experience simply by itself. There's few better ways to learn about each other, solve some problems and kick some ass together!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

C-Moto Regular
    I suggest to go south on the G205 until the area of the earth houses of the Hakka ppl. There super nice and friendly. On the way there is lots of stuff to see like WuYi shan and so on. In winter its also much warmer than zhejiang province.
    Riding the horse to death

http://tuo-ma-si.blogspot.com

coming soon!
    @tokyokid,

thanks for the hints. I am continuing to collect info.

Unfortunately it turns out that I will have to post-pone my trip to a later date.