Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello from Beijing - a few 
    C-Moto Noob
    A pretty excellent American fellow gave me some of his long-standing insights into the Beijing motorcycle world - including which Yamaha is appropriate for me (YRB 125), getting a drivers license and new plates.

Said fellow mentioned there is a school for getting drivers licenses in Beijing called Laoshan (though any school for international folks would be fine) -- would someone be able to put me in touch with their phone number?

Also, if anyone knows of a 2nd hand YBR 125 with Beijing B plates (that are real), I'd pretty much be ready to go any time.

Looking forward to reading and riding with y'all!

Mao

2. #2 Re: Hello from Beijing - a few 
    Quote Originally Posted by maomaomao View Post
    A pretty excellent American fellow gave me some of his long-standing insights into the Beijing motorcycle world - including which Yamaha is appropriate for me (YRB 125), getting a drivers license and new plates.

Said fellow mentioned there is a school for getting drivers licenses in Beijing called Laoshan (though any school for international folks would be fine) -- would someone be able to put me in touch with their phone number?

Also, if anyone knows of a 2nd hand YBR 125 with Beijing B plates (that are real), I'd pretty much be ready to go any time.

Looking forward to reading and riding with y'all!

Mao
    Hi Mao,

welcome to MCM and Beijing!

Search a little bit around on this forum and you will stumble upon almost every piece of information you need. The thread on chinese drivers licenses is located here: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...rcycle-License

and the website of Laoshan driving school (the only one registered to teach foreigners in Beijing) is here: http://www.lsjxw.com/

If you need the latest set of questions for m/c riders, pm me your email address and I will mail them to you.

Good luck for your venture and let us know when you are ready to join a ride out.

Cheers, Fahni
    ------------------------------
    JH-150GY-3

3. #3 Re: Hello from Beijing - a few 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Welcome to MCM - it was nice meeting you down at Qili motors.

A pretty American
    You mean, a "handsome Canadian"

... which Yamaha is appropriate for me (YRB 125) ... if anyone knows of a 2nd hand YBR 125 with Beijing B plates (that are real), I'd pretty much be ready to go any time.
    The YBR 125 is definitely a great bike for Beijing, but finding a decent used one with a B plate will be tough. I've kept my eyes & ears open for a long time to pick these up, but they are rare (a few around, for sale, with A plates). Anyways, a good place to watch for used bikes in Beijing is:

http://bj.58.com/danche/

Look around this MCM site, and you'll see that another bike of choice among Jing'rs is the Jialing JY150. Decent bike that is very reasonably priced, and usually not that difficult to find a gently, and lovingly, used B-plated one.

Said fellow ("handsome Canadian") mentioned there is a school for getting drivers licenses in Beijing called Laoshan (though any school for international folks would be fine) -- would someone be able to put me in touch with their phone number?
    Laoshan is the only one that can do foreigner-training. It's number is:

Its website is:

http://www.lsjx.cc/

Cheers

4. #4 Re: Hello from Beijing - a few 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Ah ... Mr Fahni (aka Mr JY150) beat me. I guess he isn't working that hard, and has more time to check out MCM

5. #5 Re: Hello from Beijing - a few 
    Quote Originally Posted by Lao Jia Hou View Post
    Ah ... Mr Fahni (aka Mr JY150) beat me. I guess he isn't working that hard, and has more time to check out MCM
    If you look at the time stamp, you'll see that I posted exactly 8:58 so just before my work day officially starts (and right now I am having a coffee break)

I was thinking of recommending the Jialing 150 GY-3 but then I thought I might be overdoing my propaganda. Anyway, Mao, if you want to find out about this bike, please see this thread: http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...-3-impressions

I will post the impressions of my second one of these bikes there soon.
    ------------------------------
    JH-150GY-3