Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello from India 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello MCM- I am Saief from Mumbai, India. I love sports bikes, and I currently own a Honda CBR600. My hobbies are photography and music. I wish to import Megelli but the problem is our import restrictions.

Thanks.
    Last edited by saiefakildiwan; 08-02-2013 at 12:11 PM.

2. #2 Re: Hello from India 
    Hi Saief,

Welcome to the forum.

I must ask why in all honesty do you want to take a massive backward step and ride a bike with quality issues and made from stolen and cloned blueprints that hasn't been properly researched and developed? Are you bored of your perfect CBR600? (an F version?)

If you must buy a Chinese 250 and you really can't see sense and don't want the highly reliable Jianshe-Yamaha YBR250 or the probably very reliable and quick but maybe a tad heavy, yet unproven Haojue Suzkui GW250, maybe you could buy a Yingang YG250NF. If you are still wondering which bike have a look through the Street thread.

3. #3 Re: Hello from India 
    Welcome to the forum saiefakildiwan.

I rode in India for 4 years and i had 3 different bikes. Pulsar 180,220FI and 220 Carb.
    The 220 (21bhp) had enough power to ride in streets of india with lots of fun and fuel consumption was good.
    Yingang YG250NF is a good bike with lots of power. Check this thread http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...se-Sport-Bikes for more ideas.

4. #4 Re: Hello from India 
    [QUOTE=ZMC888;42952]Hi Saief,

Welcome to the forum.

I must ask why in all honesty do you want to take a massive backward step and ride a bike with quality issues and made from stolen and cloned blueprints that hasn't been properly researched and developed? Are you bored of your perfect CBR600? (an F version?)

CBR600 is a very fast bike. You can really enjoy it past 6000RPM. Riding it at sub 2000RPM is like driving a Bugatti in 5-10km/hr traffic
    CBR600 fuel consumption is very high and maintenance is at the higher side, not to mention the spares. dont even think of dropping it!!
    Such bikes are used when you want to do a cross state riding, this is where CBR comes in hand.
    What i believe Saief what to do is to have a 250cc for town ride and CBR for long drive in high way.

Purchasing is not a problem, maintaining is hell!! its same as marriage!! lol

confession:
    If i could have that 4inline sound of 600 in a 250cc i could have remain with a 250cc, i just love that sound...!!!

5. #5 Re: Hello from India 
    Considering that in India you can buy a KTM Duke 200 for $2,500.00 (1,30000INR)…why would you be thinking Chinese made? You might want to consider German engineering and domestically made first, particularly since the price of the KTM is not only reasonable its actually inexpensive.

6. #6 Re: Hello from India 

7. #7 Re: Hello from India 
    I would also say that if you go to China to visit and expect to buy and ride it, good luck with that. You could certainly buy and have it shipped back (NEW) and then also expect many individuals willing to rip you off as bad as they can.

8. #8 Re: Hello from India 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks a lot, everyone for your valid inputs.
    Last edited by saiefakildiwan; 01-22-2013 at 04:36 AM.

9. #9 Re: Hello from India 
    Don’t loose sight that any imported motorcycle from China will be taxed at 19% when imported to India. http://www.eximguru.com/indian-custo...nd-cycles.aspx

It is not likely that you can buy and ride in china, so then the only real option is shipping it back and the cost of shipping is also charges 12% duty.

The YG250 in India would cost you over or around $3500.00 American, is it worth that much to you?