Hi everyone, I am in the UK aand have recently bought a second hand QingQi 200Gy (Superbyke RMR200) with 300Km on th clock for £1000. That was 2 weeks ago and I love it - I have since put another 650Km on it so at the weekend i though I'd give the valve clearance a go, since ChinV's instructions were so thorough....
Anyway, I've run into problems...firstly, I found it very hard to get at the front adjuster since the frame downtube is in the way, but I persevered anyway. Using a feeler gauge, I thought I'd done a good job, so bolted everything back up and fired her up.She started but went clackety , clackety clack - obviously I stopped the engine and concluded tha all i'd done was make he clearances to loose. So I left it a day to calm down, and gave it another go last night. I again used the guage and this time tightened the adjusters down a fair bit, bolted her back up and tried to start her. Now the engine turns over but doesn't fire. I checked that I'm getting a spark, it is fine. I gave it a few more goes, and then looked at the spark plug again - it is bone dry. I belive this means no fuel is getting to the cylinder, and am I right in thinking that this would be result of the inlet valve being too tight, so no fuel is getting through?
Anyway, I think my main issue is that I'm obviously doing something wrong with the feeler guage. I'm mainly confused about how far through the feeler blade needs to go, as when they were too loose, I had turned out the adjuster far enough that a .08 feeler went all the way through - I then tightened them up until they just pinched it. So the second time, I adjusted them so that a .08 half slotted in but would not go all the way through.What am I doing wrong?! I am worried that if I carry on I'm going to damage the engine......
I must add that I have quite big hands and am finding it all a lot more fiddly than i was expecting!
Any help would be much appreciated!