Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    Yeah, it's not quite the same, oddly it looks as though the mating surface is machined flush with the casting where the head sits, my barrel was machined so there is a raised section,

The barrel in the picture still has the port for the air injection, what bike is it off, I'm on my iPhone and can't translate the page?

2. #12 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    The f***ed barrel is from a Suzuki EN125 machined "locally" in Guangdong. The cylinder is for a type of mini van aka "462" http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=14580014296
    Translate NOT always works for pages in forum (contains dialect/ typo/ slang etc...). The "UID: 217223 / EN?? / "piggy" avatar) analyzes what's the cause. Discuss with mate (part time bike mechanic) for more dtails after the ??? translate result.
    -
    http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...%ABQ1427521590
    There's also safer mod: Con rod (15mm hole) + WY125 +0.5 (ie. 57mm) piston
    Last edited by humanbeing; 05-10-2012 at 11:48 AM.

3. #13 pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit 
    C-Moto Noob
    I dont know what I'm looking for but I want a 150cc big bore kit, if someone could pkease point me in the right direction, thanks

4. #14 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit 
    Quote Originally Posted by David-Hewitson View Post
    I dont know what I'm looking for but I want a 150cc big bore kit, if someone could pkease point me in the right direction, thanks
    62mm kit is from China no matter u buy from fleabay or taobao.com via agent . It uses a flat-top "14mm pin" 62mm ( Non-std for this size ie Difficult to find ) piston

Fleabay 's picture are the older type. Barrel made by ??? brand / Rings are ??? made

taobao had 2 types Modded EN125 which stamped as 12? http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13696883910 OR 14? http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13385655225& (Once upon a time Suzuki makes a 62mm 150 in Taiwan http://blog.xuite.net/ranbon3/twblog/138738404) Barrel is for that model. Trimmed ONLY & cylinder is 100% from factory unlike the moded EN which WiLL had diaster as #8 if u're lucky, (Unheard from this seller so far)
    Last edited by humanbeing; 08-02-2014 at 09:34 PM.

5. #15 pulse adrenaline cdi 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi again, I was just wondering if someone could tell me what race cdi I could get ? A good one and a one that fits my 58plate pulse adrenaline, thanks

6. #16 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit 
    C-Moto Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by David-Hewitson View Post
    I'm in the middle of fitting mine now; I've had a lot fo trouble with a stuck cylinder head nut so it's taken me a couple of days. I ordered this one http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13385655225& and I used the taobao agent taobaonow which are very good; they will accept paypal if you ask them nicely and they give 40% disscounts on ems shipping which only took about 2 weeks to arrive. The big bore kit it's self is pretty easy to fit since our engine is of a simple design (the top end anyway). In addition to the big bore kit you will need a good quality socket set, RTV sealant/instant gasket, torque wrench (10 - 80nm), needle nose pliers (for the piston pin retainer clips), solvent to remove old gasket residue, rubber mallet (to safely break components free) and the haynes manual for chinses motorcycles which will tell you everything you need to know about fitting it.

Oh yeah and don't bother with the race/performance CDI; they don't work.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

7. #17 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    C-Moto Noob
    Thanks but when I click the link it just a bunch of sqaures, a pic of the big bore kit and more sqaures ? Is it meant to be like that lol

8. #18 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    C-Moto Guru
    Oh thats because you don't have chinese characters availiable on your computer, you may be able to copy the squares into google translate. When translated the english is so broken it's really hard to understand but the listing dosen't give any details on how to fit it or anything.

Basically it says:
    When breaking in the new piston stay below 40mph for 600 miles
    The piston supplied has a flat top (which is what you need), not domed
    (something about an oil passage)
    The kit is "racing class quality" (apparently)
    kit includes a cylinder block, piston, piston rings, piston pin, retainer rings, gaskets
    The heat sink is larger than the origional for better cooling
    The kit's bore size is 62mm, the origional 125cc cylinder is 57mm
    The pin diamater is 14mm

The seller sells 2 different versions of the cylinder; the cheaper one has 147cc stamped on it and needs to be grinded off, the more expensive one has 124cc on it as it is a bored out 124cc cylinder and the heat sink is the same size as the origional cylinder (I think), but as humanbeing said the more expensive one has been known to shatter and wreck the engine.
    Last edited by spencer2004; 06-13-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

9. #19 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    C-Moto Guru
    Arrrrrg I finally got the bloody thing on after hours and hours of trying. If I had some better quality tools this would have been 10 times easier. So far it seems good; I've been for a little test drive and it feels like it has some more power than before, I can actually crusie at around 25mph in 5th gear now. I'm going to try and break it in as soon as possible so that I can see what it can really do.

10. #20 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit 
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer2004 View Post
    ... agent taobaonow which are very good; they will accept paypal if you ask them nicely and they give 40% disscounts on ems shipping which only took about 2 weeks to arrive...
    To guys likes to track
    Chinese postal code + UK postal code http://www.ems.com.cn/serviceguide/s...n_cha_xun.html
    http://www.ems.com.cn/mailtracking/e...n_cha_xun.html
    http://www.royalmail.com/track-trace

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast