Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 69
  1. #21 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    Senior C-Moto Guru humanbeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by David-Hewitson View Post
    Thanks but when I click the link it just a bunch of sqaures, a pic of the big bore kit and more sqaures ? Is it meant to be like that lol
    De-cat is more useful than CDI mod.

    This http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10286665697 Denso (w/o rev limits, More aggressive curve ) is the prefect match in theory BUT it's age ...
    4-curve http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=9153886492
    If u're crazy about this topic, why NOT use a "programmable" & create ur own curve/ spark strength ... http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=7580391030
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    C-Moto Guru spencer2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    408
    offtheclockuk what performance changes did you notice after you installed the big bore kit in terms of top speed? I've not tested mine fully but I can only manage about 55mph at wot. I don't know if I need to change the gearing or jetting.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    C-Moto Regular offtheclockuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    manchester UK
    Posts
    59
    Plenty more torque came as a result of the mod, I've done about 1000k on it now, so it's pretty much run in, I went next size up on the pilot jet and 112.5 on the main, I think probably I could go up one again for the main jet it tails off around 60-65 mph,
    The rear sprocket it pretty much shot after 5300km, when I order a replacement I'm going to get a new one with 2 teeth less to further reduce the need to suffer high revs just to cruise along
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    C-Moto Guru spencer2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    408
    Yeah I've pretty much got the same results as you, the top speed should be a fair bit more though, I could pretty much hold 70mph with my 125cc cylinder. I think I need to change the jetting a little more and fit my 17 tooth sprocket and see how that goes.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    C-Moto Noob
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    seccessors
    Posts
    2
    Hi offtheclockuk.
    I'm thinking of doing this to my Apache 2010 plate. It needs some TLC so I'm thinking of doing all this too.
    Could you help me out in terms of which one you ordered (link if you could please!) And any advice or do's/donts. And from what I've read there doesn't seem to be any top end speed increase at all?
    Basically, is it worth doing? Thanks in advance buddy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    C-Moto Guru spencer2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Norwich
    Posts
    408
    Quote Originally Posted by LewSpeight View Post
    Hi offtheclockuk.
    I'm thinking of doing this to my Apache 2010 plate. It needs some TLC so I'm thinking of doing all this too.
    Could you help me out in terms of which one you ordered (link if you could please!) And any advice or do's/donts. And from what I've read there doesn't seem to be any top end speed increase at all?
    Basically, is it worth doing? Thanks in advance buddy.
    Kit from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-GS1...item1e73652bde ask for the flat piston. Also ask if you can get a spare set of gaskets and piston rings since if you need them in the future they will be a pain to get.

    Get your self a good socket set and a Haynes manual for chinese motorcycles, follow the manual and double check everything and you will be fine.

    It's been about 5 or 6 months since I installed my big bore kit and I think it was worth it. I think I have gained a lot of low end power but not much power in the high rmps because the chlinder head, cam and carb can't cope with the extra 20% of airflow needed, because of this I am now unable to go above 8.5k rpms and going from 7k to 8.5k is slow. Fitting a 17 tooth front sprocket did help with this since I can do 70mph at about 7200 rpm whereas before it would have required maybe 8000 or more. I also upgraded my carb to a 26mm which gave me a gain in top speed of about 5mph on average. I have a camshaft from the 200cc version of my engine which I can't be arsed to install but I think it will help with the lack of power at high rpms once fitted. Boring out the carb boot that sits between the carb and the cylinder head to 26mm should help too.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    Senior C-Moto Guru humanbeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,497
    Rings -SAME as CG150. | Gaskets -SAME as GS150 (a old Taiwanese model

    )

    The kit also can ordered via agent:
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=20194204418 Shunde. Guangdong -That seller runs a workshop & knows those stuff
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=13385655225 Jinan, Shandong -The 1st shop selling that "flat / 14mm pin " kit in PRC.
    -
    17T are "special" item from Kaifeng, Henan. http://s.taobao.com/search?spm=a230r...e-asc#J_Filter Most seller had FREE "extra two links" deal if u asks them.
    Last edited by humanbeing; 08-02-2014 at 09:19 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    Senior C-Moto Guru Zorge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Σερβία
    Posts
    1,745
    So far I have not had a chance to lay hands on these Suzuki based engines, and I'd like to know this: is it possible to increase displacement of 125 cc engine to 200 cc, using parts (crankshaft, piston, cylinder, head...) from the same Suzuki based 200 cc engine?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    C-Moto Noob
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    seccessors
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by spencer2004 View Post
    Kit from here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-GS1...item1e73652bde ask for the flat piston. Also ask if you can get a spare set of gaskets and piston rings since if you need them in the future they will be a pain to get.

    Get your self a good socket set and a Haynes manual for chinese motorcycles, follow the manual and double check everything and you will be fine.

    It's been about 5 or 6 months since I installed my big bore kit and I think it was worth it. I think I have gained a lot of low end power but not much power in the high rmps because the chlinder head, cam and carb can't cope with the extra 20% of airflow needed, because of this I am now unable to go above 8.5k rpms and going from 7k to 8.5k is slow. Fitting a 17 tooth front sprocket did help with this since I can do 70mph at about 7200 rpm whereas before it would have required maybe 8000 or more. I also upgraded my carb to a 26mm which gave me a gain in top speed of about 5mph on average. I have a camshaft from the 200cc version of my engine which I can't be arsed to install but I think it will help with the lack of power at high rpms once fitted. Boring out the carb boot that sits between the carb and the cylinder head to 26mm should help too.
    Thanks Spencer, very helpful. Would i need anything else other than that kit and spare gaskets and piston rings etc, just fit and go? No upjetting or anything? And where can i get a new carb and new 'boot' (im thinking of an inlet manifold? Same thing?)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    Senior C-Moto Guru humanbeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    So far I have not had a chance to lay hands on these Suzuki based engines, and I'd like to know this: is it possible to increase displacement of 125 cc engine to 200 cc, using parts (crankshaft, piston, cylinder, head...) from the same Suzuki based 200 cc engine?
    http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/view...originator=yes BUT that guy choose 65.5mm piston finally http://motorcycle.sh.cn/viewthread.p...originator=yes
    Reply With Quote  
     

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pulse adrenaline big bore help please
    By offtheclockuk in forum Modifications (Cosmetic and Performance)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 12:31 AM
  2. Pulse Adrenaline 125
    By superfamous in forum Modifications (Cosmetic and Performance)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-09-2012, 11:32 PM
  3. Pulse Adrenaline 150 big bore Kit
    By superfamous in forum Modifications (Cosmetic and Performance)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 09:10 AM
  4. Pulse Adrenaline
    By jonesyboy in forum Welcome to MCM!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-15-2011, 05:59 PM
  5. Pulse Adrenaline
    By Rodders in forum Dirt n' Dual-Sport
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Tags for this Thread

View Tag Cloud

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •