Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    C-Moto Guru
    Getting the rings on is the scariest part as you have to bend them a fair bit and if they break your kinda screwed.

According to a thing I just found on Google the ring gap should be at least 0.0035 inches per bore inch which for a 62mm bore is 0.217 mm, that's with the rings compressed within the bore by the way.

As for fitting them it's hard to explain so you should watch a couple of youtube videos on the matter.

The order should be thick ring, thick ring, thin ring, corrigated ring, thin ring. The top 2 rings should have markings which should face up, the markings will be something like 1 and 2, a and b, t for top and b for bottom or something like that (1, a or t going at the top). The gaps in the piston rings should be offset as much as possible, in other words they should all be 120 degrees apart, be sure to double check before inserting the pistion in to the bore.

Here be a picture of my old piston if it helps

20130909_203428.jpg

That's pretty much it. A few more words of advice; don't rush things, don't take shortcuts and always stuff rags in places where you don't want things to fall, if you drop your gungeon pin in to the crank case you will have a very bad day.

Good luck!
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

2. #52 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    Awesome information and the pic of your old piston helps a lot ! That's the only part I'm worried about is installing the rings and making sure there positioned correctly and the gaps are ok,think ill watch a few youtube vids tonight and have a look over everything again because when I take the top end of cant afford to make any mistakes as I need the bike for transport to work which makes this more worrying .Ill have 2 days since taking apart to get running so fingures crossed
    RMR 150cc unique Supermoto with nice after market parts .Full DEP exhaust system,150cc big bore kit,Molkt 30mm carb with 115 main jet,Performance CDI & Ignition coil,Cone air filter,KOSO DB01+ Digital speedo with RPM Counter and lap time,Alarm + Remote start,Sound system,red breather hose kit,front and back mini carbon indicators,tinted headlight,Fat Bars

3. #53 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    image.jpgHey guys need some more help with this, the situation now is the top end is of my bike ive put the new piston on but I have a problem with 2 dowel pins stuck in the old 125cc cylinder one stuck on each end ,can anyone tell me how to remove these they seen stuck solid and won't move for anything ?? I've attached a picture so hopefully someone can point me in the direction of getting them out or a link to buy new ones really needing to get my bike put back together as soon as possible
    RMR 150cc unique Supermoto with nice after market parts .Full DEP exhaust system,150cc big bore kit,Molkt 30mm carb with 115 main jet,Performance CDI & Ignition coil,Cone air filter,KOSO DB01+ Digital speedo with RPM Counter and lap time,Alarm + Remote start,Sound system,red breather hose kit,front and back mini carbon indicators,tinted headlight,Fat Bars

4. #54 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    C-Moto Guru
    Oh yeah I forgot about that, on mine one fell out under it's own weight and the other was really stuck. I was naughty and put it back together without the 2nd dowel pin but that is probably a really bad idea.

This thread talks about various ways to get them unstuck, if it was me I would heat up the area around the cylinder (not the pin) to expand it and the pin should then some out with a good tug.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/102...-the-cylinder/
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

5. #55 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    Thanks Spencer ill have a look on that forum ,can you suggest any other possible ways of removing them that might work as I don't have one of those heat torch guns to do it ?would need to try and get a hold of one lol so annoying that little things like these can hold you back.Ive thought about putting it back together without the pins basically it would be one pin underneath the cylinder block and one pin above it for the head so have no idea if it would be safe or not I thought the pins where just to help with gasket allingment anyway but not sure

6. #56 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    C-Moto Guru
    If you have no other choice you could probably get away with it as the piston should hold the cylinder in place until you can bolt it down, the cylinder head might be a little bit harder but then again I don't think it's as critical to get it perfectly aligned as the cylinder block. As an alternative to the metal dowels you could use wooden ones which should be easily available at most craft stores, it does need to be a near perfect fit however, it wouldn't matter when they disintegrate due to the heat because everything will be bolted down by then.

7. #57 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    Excellent info again spencer! I've managed to get the dowel out that is in the picture just now i put some black tape round it and twisted it with grips and it popped out so just the one to go but I don't think that one will be for happening it seems really stuck anyway hopefully the one I've got out can be used on the other side will update shortly :)

8. #58 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    C-Moto Noob
    I recently purchased a stock 1994 Suzuki DR125SE , I want to buy the 150cc big bore kit , ive been searching for countless hours for information on my particular bike and have come to the consensus that I should get the domed version of the piston for more compression. Is this correct, does anyone have any information pertaining to my specific bike as to if the kit will bolt up no problem, and should I get the domed piston or flat piston. Thank youhttp://shoppingcart.aliexpress.com/shopcart/shopcartDetail.htm

9. #59 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    Domed piston is for the 12mm spark plug (ie. pre-2003) family
    ---
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=37759962405 Option #1 black / domned | Option #3 silver / domned
    That seller (QQ: 1427521590 tel: +86 18576531078 speaks Cantonese & Mandarin) is a rebore machinist that knows the stuff.

10. #60 Re: pulse adrenaline 150cc big bore kit fitted 
    C-Moto Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    Domed piston is for the 12mm spark plug (ie. pre-2003) family
    ---
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=37759962405 Option #1 black / domned | Option #3 silver / domned
    That seller (QQ: 1427521590 tel: +86 18576531078 speaks Cantonese & Mandarin) is a rebore machinist that knows the stuff.

Awesome, is that the same kit as the one I listed? Looks the same. Mine was pretty cheap I ordered the domed piston $109 bucks. Hope it works out. Need some more low end power

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast