Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 HQ leather panniers or ammunition bags 
    Ever thought of grabbing some high quality leather ammo bags or panniers for your solo or hack? Maybe they were too expensive previously, costly air-freight or just plain worried about drilling into your ride?. All of that is covered with these kits.

Just USD152 with economy shipping starting at USD32
    • assembly includes inner frame and mount
    • absolutely NO drilling into your ride required
    • dead simple installation with a "how to install" also included
    • personalise with your choice of color/colour
    • In a hurry? 1 week concorde fast airfreight available
    • Bit more sedate or can plan ahead? keep the postal savings in your pocket and send it economy

Piece of cake Step-by-step instructions including photos are available at:

http://www.sidecarpro.com/Install-le...tion-bags.html

Further info, photos, weights and measures are all listed here:

http://www.sidecarpro.com/Accessories-leather-panniers

Cheers

Sidecar Pro - Ben
    ben@sidecarpro.com
    Last edited by Beijing_Ben; 06-09-2012 at 10:03 AM.
    www.sidecarpro.com
    a sidecar parts buying group initiative

2. #2 Re: HQ leather panniers or ammunition bags 
    That's a pretty ok price if they're real leather. Also i appreciate that you came up with a mounting system that doesn't damage the bike. Good work.

However i must ask; are the bags really so soft that they actually need a fully metal frame on the inside? They look stiff enough in the pictures. It seems a bit annoying to have those big ugly bars across the top when you open the bags. Have you tried just bolting the bags directly onto the T-shaped bracket (using big washers on both sides) and getting rid of the inner frame completely?

May i ask how much you'd sell these for in china? How about the price without that inner frame (just bags and T brackets) ?

3. #3 Re: HQ leather panniers or ammunition bags 
    Hi Felix - thanks for the kind words and 100% confirm the panniers are real leather.

Pricing for the bags is the same for everyone, regardless of country. I am more than happy to group orders together for the manufacturer and pass on the savings if you know of others that are also interested. You also have a great extra incentive in that you being based in China your postage rates are obviously the cheapest available. You are also (as with all members) welcome to use a freight-forwarder of your choice on any shipment.

I like your thinking with simplifying the bags. It definitely has merit and is a great suggestion. Could you use in the way you have suggested? Of course, yet I would rather err on the side of caution however and not recommend, especially given the whole design from ground up of these bags has been around the inclusion of the inner frame.

What about offer you an alternative? If you are dead-keen on this format shoot me an email at ben@sidecarpro.com or use the product suggestions form at http://www.sidecarpro.com/product_ideas.html which will add your saddlebag request to the products that are actively researched. Once found I will email you the details and include in the buying group program for the benefit of everyone. A great case in point of this is these very panniers or ammo bags.

The whole reason they are in the program is a member from Western Australia, Bill W. did exactly that and submitted a product request or suggestion for the buying group to research for him. It's actually his ride that you see on the installation photos and a handful of the product information pages.

Cheers

Sidecar Pro - Ben
    www.sidecarpro.com

4. #4 Re: HQ leather panniers or ammunition bags 
    I was asked earlier about the dimensions of the saddlebags aka panniers aka ammo bags. If required they are 360mmwide x 145mm deep x 360mm high.

I have just updated http://www.sidecarpro.com/Accessorie...-panniers.html and http://www.sidecarpro.com/Accessories.html to include this extra information.

Cheers

Ben
    www.sidecarpro.com