Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. #41 Re: QingQi "Rock" X-Bike - Feedback wanted from factory! 
    If this bike had an 250cc single cylinder or a 350cc twin cylinder engine, and was sold in Brazil, I would definitively buy it.

2. #42 Re: QingQi "Rock" X-Bike - Feedback wanted from factory! 
    I think it is a very good design (of course I am biased) but the latest news I heard is they have stopped working on it. The only way they will produce a model is if it's ordered.

It seems difficult for them to understand you need a unique product to draw attention and develop a brand identity or "name".

Oh well... I hope it becomes a reall product for sale! They have a good 250 engine for it but a 350 twin would be exciting!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

3. #43 Re: QingQi "Rock" X-Bike - Feedback wanted from factory! 
    I understand, but if the Chinese companies really want to gain momentum in the US market they will need something like this. Small bikes with a single cylinder are common to be seen on dirty tracks or off road trails, but for the day-to-day life, a twin cylinder is a must for any company who plans to succeed in the USDM.
    Bikes usually called UJM - Universal Japanese motorcycle still have a laaaaaaaaarge fan base in the whole world, and if any Chinese company starts to produce a good quality "UJM-like" bike with the export market in mind will succeed.
    I actually live in Brazil, but I had already lived in the USA, and in Brazil some years ago Honda offered the bike that, if Chinese produced today, would definitely gain a large market in the US. The bike was the Honda CB400II (and a few years later changed to the CB450 model) and there was a "sport" version called CBR450SR, and those bikes would have a gigantic market in the US, not too small as the 125cc-to-200cc bikes and not to big as big 800+cc cruisers.

They where produced until 1995 more or less, but still have a large fan base in Brazil (for the CBR450SR) and in the UK (sold as Honda CB450N in most of the European countries), and was not that expensive, the CB 450 usually cost ed 2x the price of the standard 125cc bikes produced by Honda at the time (CG 125).
    Both bikes used to have a relatively simple engines and chassis, the CB450 has the regular "old school" Diamond Chassis Frame, dual shock rear suspension, a single disk rear bake and an 55 hp twin parallel cylinder engine. The CBR450 had a different chassis, the usual Diamond Chassis Frame, with 1 shock only rear suspension, double disk front brake and single disk rear brake, but the engine has exactly the same as the CB450 so was cheaper to be produced.
    Someone already told that here, but if the Chinese companies what to more than the usual "weekend toys" in the US, will definitely need a bike like that, and I would definitely buy one bike like those because now a day there's not a single "simple" medium sized UJM bike available in the Brazilian market. :(

4. #44 Re: QingQi "Rock" X-Bike - Feedback wanted from factory! 
    The CB450 engine is certainly an engine worthy of it's success. I'm still impressed with the Ninja 250 engine. As near as I can tell, there's no reason why a Chinese company couldn't design and manufacture an engine with very similar specifications and apply it to multiple bike platforms. Bonus is they could more easily sell it in their domestic market since it's under 250cc. But still, with a 14k/rpm screaming red line and a stable 110+k/h speeds from a 6 speed watercooled engine, you've got a lot to play with for a 250. I think engine comes first and then it needs to be put on different attractive platforms...

2007-kawasaki-ninja-250r-15_460x0w.jpg

Then all that's left is they gotta direct distribute and all is good right?

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

5. #45 Re: QingQi "Rock" X-Bike - Feedback wanted from factory! 
    The 2 main reasons that the Ninja's 250R behave that way is because of the Bore and Stroke (62.0 x 41.2 mm) and because of the horsepower (26.4 hp or 105,6 hp/liter). This engine had an DOHC, Liquid cooled engine, and still have the counterbalancer to increase the complexity of the engine. The old CB450N had a much more simple air cooled OHC, 75.0 mm x 50.6 mm engine with just 3 valves per cylinder (insted of 4 of the Ninja's), and "just" 55hp, but the engine have a much wider torque profile that the "high rev" engine of the Ninja, so the bike is likely to me much more less "aggressive" for the day-to-day riding. Obviously the market share of both bikes are completely different, (UJM "naked" vs super sport motorcycle) because the use of the bikes would be completely different. Is much more likely for an American to ride day-to-day to work on a CB450N "redux" than a CBR600RR. Super sport motorcycle are cool toys for weekends, but completely impractical for everyday living.
    Those twin cylinders are not hard to resize on the production (this engine that Honda used on the brazilians CB450 started his life as an 200cc engine for the CB200 and later was increased on the CB350 and CB360 before came to Brazil as an 400cc and later increased to 450cc). If I'm not wrong, lifan already produce twin cylinder engines (150cc to 200cc) for Lifan bikes and also for other bikes just like BMW's F/G series, so in my mind, in not that difficult, but it they don't see this as something really necessary, they will struggle for many years trying to sell mopeds and small dirt bikes in the US market.
    Those chinese companies, could dominate the bike market in a similar way as the Japaneses did in the 60/70/80. In 1975, Boston Consulting Group was commissioned by the UK government to write a report explaining why and how the British motorcycle industry had been out-competed by its Japanese competitors. The report concluded that the Japanese firms, had sought a very high scale of production (they had made a large number of motorbikes) in order to benefit from economies of scale and learning curve effects. The Chinese companies also have those advantages, they now really need to look forward new markets (and recognize what those markets need and desire as a product) and use those advantages in their favor, and create a larger range of products. I just hope the learn to recognize those needs more quickly than sometimes it seams to me.

6. #46 Re: QingQi "Rock" X-Bike - Feedback wanted from factory! 
    C-Moto Senior
    QINGQI; which many already know sells under the Qlink brand in the USA; offers two models of what QINGQI calls their LIGERS.

QINGGI now has a 250cc EFI version of that motorcycle, however, QLINK is not offering the 250cc variant.

The LIGER goes by the QM250GY-B(A) model and QLINK is not offering it as of yet, the QINGQI site does not offer complete specifications on the bike, other than it having EFI on the swing arm and it claims roughly 20 hp @7500 rpm. Has a weight of 284 lbs and thats 13lbs heavier than the 200cc version, which has about 15 hp @ 8000 rpm.

Here an image of the bike:

They also have a 200cc street bike, that I would imagine could house that same 250cc engine.

They call it the Sport

I would like to see the Sport QM200-2D with a 250cc engine and maybe split the exhaust and tuck it up under the seat.

I really would like to see the 250cc engine with EFI come into the USA if they can keep the prices under $3K. I am sure that the 200cc sport would sell for under that... I'm thinking $2,500.00?

Qlink could add some street bikes, Not everyone will want the Megellis, which by the way is manufactured by HSUN. Does anyone know if it is getting a Suzuki 250 inspired engine?

250cc refined and with 20hp under 3k, well under.

Qlink has the best bussiness model right now, they ship direct and then set up product support as they go.

www.qlinkmotors.com

7. #47 Re: QingQi "Rock" X-Bike - Feedback wanted from factory! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Oengus View Post

They also have a 200cc street bike, that I would imagine could house that same 250cc engine.
    I have the QM250GY-B(A), the 250 motor will not fit in the 200cc frame, it is longer and a hair taller. I'm pretty sure they do have a sport version coming with the 250 and over time we will see a complete line of 250's from QingQi.

I think QingQi is very close to offering this bike for sale. Unlike a lot of other Chinese manufacturers, they really take their time testing new models before releasing to the market. If it does come in under 3K USD, sales should be great.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

8. #48 Re: QingQi "Rock" X-Bike - Feedback wanted from factory! 
    C-Moto Senior
    That’s good to know, I have a new XP200 in my garage naggin me to take it for its first ride, its winter here in north eastern Ohio. Even the warm days have had salty roads, I’m not dusting the bike with salt, the new thing will wear off eventually.
    I would like to get that add on luggage rack, who do I have to sleep with to get one? Should I contact Qlink and ask them to propagate the accessories on the web site?
    I bought the 2008 XP200 they have on closeout, I was impressed I hope to have good luck with it….not sure if I needed a dirt bike, but the price was good. I have a 34 inch inseam so I laugh and say its tailored to my size, actually until I lift my legs up then it feels smaller than perfect for me, but I do not feel too big on it. It seem like a good bike.
    Buy a bike in the winter it makes you feel anxious all the time.

9. #49 Re: QingQi "Rock" X-Bike - Feedback wanted from factory! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    That closeout price looks great. The XP200 pictures and description on the Qlink site seem the same as the XF200 except for the 18 in. rear and 21 in. front tires. Do you know if there are other differences.

10. #50 Re: QingQi "Rock" X-Bike - Feedback wanted from factory! 
    Check with Carl about the rack, he might still have some.

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...highlight=rack

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast