Hey Gang,

Many moons ago, on the suggestion of Supersignet, I sent in a Photoshoped image of a prototype bike based on their current models I thought would help give QingQi motors a unique product and dubbed it the "QingQi Rock".

- QingQi "Rock" Concept Image -
click for larger

Lo and behold, the idea was taken seriously by the good folks at QingQi RnD who actually produced a working prototype (photos below).

Now QingQi has asked me to put the images to the community in order to get some feedback and responses on the model and it's design. You'll see it's a mixture of the 200GY motard and the 2D model yielding a bike with:

- Dual sport and commuting potential
- 22L (~5 gallon tank for) for about 300miles tank range
- Wide soft contoured seat
- Drop-in 250cc engine potential
- 17" front wheel with 18" back
- Relatively long wheel-base
- High exhaust pipe

This is a rare and welcome chance to be heard in the industry folks so be honest, thoughtful and polite since there's a good chance people from the factory will be following this thread.

More details and reasons are better than less. Remember this is an experimental bike and NOT a production model. They are interested in your feedback about this model only. Some topics might include:

1) Looks - How does it look to you and what is your first impression? What style changes do you like or dislike and why?

2) Technical - What technical features does the bike already have that you appreciate? What features are missing that you would like to see added?

3) Market Position - How well do you think it would compete in the market? Would you buy one and how much would you pay? Do any other manufacturers make similar models? Does it remind you of a different bike?

Besides comments, feel free to do your own Photoshop work and show us what you're thinking. Thanks guys and let's hear what you have to say!

- QingQi "Rock" Experimental Cross-Moto Bike -

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

Paz,
CC