Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
Wow! That's what I call an awesome first post! Welcome to the forum, DY245000, and we will (impatiently) await details of this new dual sport. Big question will be what, if anything, Galaxy has used to make its fuel system meet C3 emissions restrictions. Does it have electronic fuel injection or a carb? If a carb, how do they achieve the low emissions? (I'm not expert in this, but everything we read seems to indicate that EFI burns cleaner, regardless of the impact on performance.)

Did you take pictures during your visit yesterday?

And isn't Panyu a bike-free city? What's your plan for registration and plating?

cheers!
Thanks for the welcome. Unfortunitely, I promised the factory not to disclose any details for fear that people will not buy the 2nd generation SUV. The 2nd generation SUV is a much improved bike over the 1st generation and is a very nice bike to have. It's very similar to CrazyCarl's Rock X-bike and then some, but you have to do the 4 wheels/2sets setup yourself, which I was doing to a Shineray250 thanks to CrazyCarl's idea. I have to change to 18/18, matching the Chinese cruisers in order to get al rims.
Yes, I took some pictures of the SUV yesterday but I cannot post them. I can PM you if you want the details.
No, Panyu is not bike free yet. I have a 10 years old Chinese 125cc bike with Panyu plates that I ride to town all the times. It was one of the last ones to have Panyu plates issued.
I plan to have a JaingMun license for the new SUV. Juice at Galaxy has promised to help with the plate. I can pretty much ride anywhere in Southern China but SieChiu and other bike free cities (I don't want to have any to do with them anyways), or ready to pay the Y200 fine if and when get caught. The traffic cops all stays at several places in town and I just have to avoid those places.