Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Yeah, that sounds more like it kingmarty,

I actually took my test in WA in 1998, in those days it was a provisional (I'm talking about the country towns here) which they didn't check, you turn up and the cop gives you a test (an hour) you get a 250 license and then do another unrestricted license a year later.

So it must be that in NSW these days those are the rules, to avoid the 'kiddie killer' bikes. NT, WA and SA have always had a reputation for being slacker than VIC, NSW and QLD.

What ever the rules are, IMO a 250 single is a great beginner bike in a country with big straight roads, the Chinese manufacturers should recognize that.

2. #32 motards in philippines 
    ok nice looking bike but i have 2 motards in matt black 200cc great bikes had seat lowered on one becouse my wife is 5/2 we live in philippines spares here are easy to get 3 days at most that was for body parts and bikes have done 500klm great engines had 100klm out of both bikes (wifes a devil rider lol) (WELL FAST ENOUTH IN TOWN ) philipiine drivers are killers im from uk but can thay put longer mirrors on the bikes as i carnt see behind me with out leaning out lol and will thay do a 250 cc for us bigger guys so bit more power. styles new bikes ok just funny style tank not to my likeing but hay everyones diffrent take care all nice write ups great just bit more power be nice

Kermit,

The points you've mentioned have been summarized and sent to QingQi so now we get to wait and see what happens!

They have a 250 model now available and you can see this in the QingQi manufacturer's section. Whether or not it gets to you soon s another question!

CC

P.S. How are things going in the Flips?
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

4. #34 def a 250 needed 
    Quote Originally Posted by gpPeej View Post
    Ya, that auto creates a new frame, then uses existing parts for the rest to keep it simple and cheap. But, I digress from Q's bikes.

The US market see's 250 as a minimum cc to be able to get up on a freeway. The 200cc and 150cc versions that have preceded these have never sold well. Once the 250 threshold is hit, US consumers will see them in a new light. Sub-250 bikes are pretty much just learners bikes here. And learner bikes are riden, passed on, resold, and put back on the market. Many new riders will buy a used and abused first bike to practice on then hop up to a larger displacement. I see customers contemplate this theshold all the time, it goes like this...

"I like the price of the 50cc bike/scoot, but for $XXX more I can get the 125/150 that can actually get out of it's own way." (half of 50cc customers go up to a 150cc within 3 years)

"But, Since the 125/150 IS a motorcycle (and requires licensing) I might as well look at the 250 bike/scoots that are freeway capable. WOW, those traditional brand 250cc scooters are priced at $4000 and up!!! I can get a REAL bike for that."

Then they need to choose between a price point new bike and a used whatever, where people who wrench are more likely to buy used, people who don't will buy new...with the giant caveat that a warrantee package and service is availible.

I really liked the 200 Super moto from the moments I saw it..but, I immediately knew that most US customers would wait to see if a 250 became availible. Now, the 250 will come out and the next reason to wait will be Fuel Injection. Then consumers will wait for "some other guy" to buy the first FI models and work the bugs out. Certainly this is a tough gamble for the manufacturer, but the choice is clear. Drop the 200 for a 250 ASAP, and start refining the FI motor for the future.

Later, Peej.
    def a 250 my wifes phil and she flys on her 200ccmoto but mines bit underpwered i m a lot bigger western so 250 be great

5. #35 excite bike? 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Have you guys seen this bike? That was my first thought when seeing the metal gas tank, touring geometry and good suspension + bars. I've also seen some modded Susuki SV50s into adv.touring bikes. I like the size of Carl's mockup and the qingqi proto.

I'd like to see a little better rear suspension and KEEP THE ROUND HEADLIGHT. I can't stand the "transformers" styling.

I also second the rubber foot pegs.

adam

6. #36 Chinese motorcycle magazine 
    Hi Guys!: I need help to find a Chinese Motorcycle magazine (English Language) to subscribe for.Please any one out there who know one let me know.I need the suscribtion price (International) and the site to contact them,regards Motoviva.

7. #37 Motorcycle magazines 
    Honorary C-Moto Guru
    I don't think there's any mags dealing with just Chinese bikes out there. The English, German and US publications hardly mention them at all. They're mostly run by power-crazed, snazzy suited youngsters in dark helmet visors doing their wheelies and stoppies,that look upon any cheap ride-to-work honest bike or anything with less than 150 horsepower with disdain and contempt.

For lots of info and road-tests on Chinese machines you have to look at South American mags, where a more down to earth view survives. Not having a domestic bike industry means they don't have an axe to grind or such a developed consumeristic streak, and report on things as they see it.
    Try this one available on line. (it's in Spanish I'm afraid, but as you're in Puerto Rico...), at the bottom left of the page there's a "descarga aquí ediciones anteriores" animated GIF that enables you to download in .pdf format all the magazines back numbers:

http://www.demotos.com.co/
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    Try this one available on line. (it's in Spanish I'm afraid, but as you're in Puerto Rico...)
    http://translate.google.com/translate_t?sl=es&tl=en#

Google is your friend!

Nice web mag. Lots of good info there.

NV

Quote Originally Posted by forchetto View Post
    I don't think there's any mags dealing with just Chinese bikes out there. The English, German and US publications hardly mention them at all. They're mostly run by power-crazed, snazzy suited youngsters in dark helmet visors doing their wheelies and stoppies,that look upon any cheap ride-to-work honest bike or anything with less than 150 horsepower with disdain and contempt.

I don't think that it has as much to do with motorcycle ego as ad money paid to the magazines by Japanese/European/American bike companies. If the Chinese companies started placing ads, then we might start seeing articles in a better light. However, if Lifan is the dominant company (I'm using the US market as an example) placing ads, the articles are going to have to stretch the truth a bit, LOL

Of course, knowing what we know now, with Qingqi, Shineray, Asiawing, Jialing, etc., and the (seemingly, we will have to wait and see) higher quality bikes being introduced, perhaps the Chinese will make more inroads.

Of course, the companies will have to put some money into competition, and using their own products in the competition. Galaxy Motors, seen by me for the first time on these hallowed pages, impressed me with their big win in the Talikmen Rally. Asiawing has some youtube videos posted of their new 450 dirt bike in competition against Japanese bikes somewhere in China (not a major competition, but a competition nonetheless).

Members here are sending photos of their bikes in action, and giving reports of their bikes in action, giving us, the people who do appreciate Chinese products, more reason to be comfortable with them. There was a guy on Chinariders who rode the Trans-Am Trail for over 3000 miles on his 250GY Hi-Bird (the bike did have some modifications, however), a $1300 US bike.

The good thing about the lack of widespread support for Chinese bikes, at least using the US market as an example, is the possiblility of obtaining product for low dollars (i.e., the forementioned Hi-Bird 250 enduro as an example) by those of us in the know.

Hopefully, once I set up my Qingqi/Shineray/Asiawing/Hi-Bird/Zongshen mega-dealership, the bikes will gain public acceptance, be featured in magazines, and allow me to retire in bike-riding heaven!!

10. #40 Re: QingQi "Rock" X-Bike - Feedback wanted from factory! 
    Is there some news about this?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast