Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
  1. #61 Re: How to find out about Tianma Trackdays? 
    So Guys I was wondering, if I want to do few laps with my bike at Tianma, can I come during week-ends or do they have some kind of activities during that time?
    I just need to pay 180rmb and can go enjoy for a period of time right? Anything else I should know or bring?

2. #62 Re: How to find out about Tianma Trackdays? 
    Quote Originally Posted by Topmanda View Post
    So Guys I was wondering, if I want to do few laps with my bike at Tianma, can I come during week-ends or do they have some kind of activities during that time?
    I just need to pay 180rmb and can go enjoy for a period of time right? Anything else I should know or bring?
    you can come when it is open for "public practice" ==> check the schedule here http://www.stc2002.com/info.asp?t=39

you need full protection equipment and can go with your own bike after paying the 180rmb per session (20minutes)
    if they think you are not playing by the rules, don't drive properly or being dangerous for your self or others they will kick you out of the track ...

C-Moto Noob
    Any info on beginners track days? Looking to get into it but not interested in starting on a 600... Thinking more like 125cc or 250cc bikes to rent and ride for the day. I'll be near Shanghai and open to anything, including go-kart tracks.

4. #64 Re: How to find out about Tianma Trackdays? 
    Jon you'd be better advised to find an empty paved area and learn how to knee-down, you can do this on your own and study the techniques needed on the internet. Then spend money on track instruction later.

5. #65 Re: How to find out about Tianma Trackdays? 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Jon you'd be better advised to find an empty paved area and learn how to knee-down, you can do this on your own and study the techniques needed on the internet. Then spend money on track instruction later.
    Riding or racing on a track is a bit more then just "knee down" .... actually knee down or not is one of the very least important things to learn.
    You will be surprised how many things you got to re-learn if you want to go fast around a track.

Quote Originally Posted by jonpurdy View Post
    Any info on beginners track days? Looking to get into it but not interested in starting on a 600... Thinking more like 125cc or 250cc bikes to rent and ride for the day. I'll be near Shanghai and open to anything, including go-kart tracks.
    As you are not living in China, I can only advise you to have your track classes not here.
    Besides of Zhuhai, all other classes suck. Besides, they screw you for renting the stuff, all in all very expensive for very little.

6. #66 Re: How to find out about Tianma Trackdays? 
    Quote Originally Posted by 998S
    Riding or racing on a track is a bit more then just "knee down" .... actually knee down or not is one of the very least important things to learn.
    You will be surprised how many things you got to re-learn if you want to go fast around a track.
    Given the huge cost of track instruction and rental the initial stages of learning to ride on the track can be done on your own. I agree it's better to have instruction from the very beginning, but sometimes it just not cost effective.

Yes there is a heck of a lot more to good track riding than knee-down type cornering, such as body positioning, effective braking such a trail braking and so on. But for most street riders it is an epiphany to realize (including me 5 years ago) that their bike will lean at 55 degrees, much more than the 40-45 degrees they were probably doing before. Best of all it can be learnt for free at moderately slow speed and safely on a small China bike. A bit like teaching yourself to ski on a cheapo bunny hill, then when you get better have pro instruction on a real mountain.

7. #67 Re: How to find out about Tianma Trackdays? 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hi My name is Gianfranco,

I make the pendant of the Shanghai circuit and all other circuits

http://blog.circuitigioielli.com/buy...circuit-jewel/

Ciao a tutti!!!

C-Moto Noob
    Thanks ZMC888 and 998S. I've arrived finally and will give both of your pieces of advice more consideration. Ideally, I'd like to start with a proper racing school but would settle for individual track instruction. But definitely won't be starting on 600s. I wasn't planning on getting a bike here and was hoping to just rent for the track but since 125 and 250c machines seem to be unavailable I may hold off until I get back to Canada. Maybe do some dirt riding here if possible or just rent while on vacation in Korea and Vietnam.

9. #69 Re: How to find out about Tianma Trackdays? 
    I recommend getting down to zhuhai if you are interested in taking a racing school, the track and setup there is very good. I work as a instructor for BG-performance and have taught students from 15 year old first timers all the way up to pro level racers looking for any advantage or line knowledge.

For safety reasons at zhuhai circuit a first timer must always have a instructor to show them proper pit road entry/exit techniques, and what the corner flags colours represent etc etc

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567