Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Pulse Adrenaline Front Sprocket??? 
    I currently have a 13 tooth front sprocket and I am getting hardly anything out of my gears by this i mean i am in 4th gear doing just over 30 and i have to change because the revs are high. So i have bought a 16 tooth front sprocket and i was wondering has anyone else got one of these and if you could tell me if it has made a good improvement

Thanks

2. #2 Re: Pulse Adrenaline Front Sprocket??? 
    C-Moto Guru
    a 13 tooth must be terrible on your bike! plus you have small wheels which makes it worse. My bike has the same engine as yours and it has larger wheels and a 15 tooth as stock and I think thats it's almost perfectly geared. A 16 tooth should make it much better. I might be wrong but a 17 tooth might be best for pulse adrenalines if top speed is what your after but you have to order them from china.
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

3. #3 Re: Pulse Adrenaline Front Sprocket??? 
    Thanks for the reply mate really helpfull is there any other mods you would recomend

4. #4 Re: Pulse Adrenaline Front Sprocket??? 
    C-Moto Guru
    Well you can check out the mods that I've already done here

http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...le-mods-so-far
    Sinnis Max II (QM125-2V), K157FMI engine (technically a K162FMJ now), 115 main jet, 40 pilot jet, cone air filter, 150cc big bore kit, 17 tooth front sprocket, 30mm carburettor, alarm with remote start, HID spotlights, performance CDI.

5. #5 Re: Pulse Adrenaline Front Sprocket??? 
    Very nice mate you should take a pic in the dark with all the LEDs on that would be nice and have you done the bore kit yet

6. #6 Re: Pulse Adrenaline Front Sprocket??? 
    C-Moto Guru
    Nope it's still in the post, I've just ordered it so it should take about 2 - 3 weeks :(

I've been meaning to take some pics of it in the dark but I keep forgetting. I did go out once it was dark and I drove about a mile to find this good place with no street lights and a good packdrop, I got there and set up my tripod and camera, switched all the lights on and the bloody battery ran out on my camera >:(

7. #7 Re: Pulse Adrenaline Front Sprocket??? 
    you said you have changed your main jet what does it do??

8. #8 Re: Pulse Adrenaline Front Sprocket??? 
    C-Moto Guru
    Basically a bigger main jet adjusts the air to fuel mixture and affects the performance of the engine. In a lost of cases these bikes run too lean (too little fuel in the mixture) to meet emmisions standards or something. I went from a jet size of 97.5 to a 105 after I fitted my performance air filter and then to a 110 after I fitted my new exhaust, I could probably push it to a 115. You can test your air fuel mixture by doing a plug chop test (google it).