Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 CB400 Inaugral Ride 
    C-Moto Regular
    I was able to get this bike 2nd hand, with plates, registration, and insurance, and am very grateful. These bikes are very hard to find on the mainland. I've done some minor maintenance on it, but the bike was sold to me in fantastic condition already.

What I like best about the bike is the available torque at cruising speeds. It is not at all like the YBR125 I used to ride, where the maximum available torque would occur at low to medium speeds. In other words the YBR125 was better for smooth riding in congested city traffic, whereas the CB400 is most definitely a highway bike. Conversely, it is not a good bike for getting around the city, certainly not for commuting. I may very well keep my scooter for that purpose and store the CB in a safe place for weekend rides.

On this note, highway speeds are a big problem in Shanghai because you have to go really far out to get that. However, it is worth the effort. What follows are some pics and maps of an inaugral ride this afternoon.

IMG01369-20120512-1550.jpg IMG01370-20120512-1656.jpg maps.jpg

2. #2 Re: CB400 Inaugral Ride 
    very nice, any more pictures of your CB400? i myself have a yamaha engined 125 and will be getting a Honda 400 once my license gets unrestricted
    atm i still own/ride my Rieju Marathon Pro 125 SM

Kennon

3. #3 Re: CB400 Inaugral Ride 
    I've been looking for a legal one of these since I first came to China ten years ago. I don't want to pour water over your fun, but are you sure it's really fully legal? I've seen a few examples with plates that looked real, but when I pushed for answers they admitted the plates were actually fake or even cloned. Or there is a possibility that the bike avoided the great big bike legalization of the late 1990's, but in which case the paperwork my be invalid. Anyhow I'm not saying the bike is 100% cert illegal, but just a word of caution. If it is legal and you want to sell it, I'll take it off you!

What I like best about the bike is the available torque at cruising speeds. It is not at all like the YBR125 I used to ride, where the maximum available torque would occur at low to medium speeds. In other words the YBR125 was better for smooth riding in congested city traffic, whereas the CB400 is most definitely a highway bike. Conversely, it is not a good bike for getting around the city, certainly not for commuting. I may very well keep my scooter for that purpose and store the CB in a safe place for weekend rides.
    I rented this bike in Thailand for a few weeks. I think that whilst it is not quite as nippy around town as say a scoot or 125, once you get used to it, it is a great city commuter bike, when compared with bigger bikes. The CB500 which is a similar size and weight and now the CBF500 have been the staple diet of dispatch riders in London for as long as I can remember.

4. #4 Re: CB400 Inaugral Ride 
    CB400 is indeed a nice ride. had one in black, sold it last month. but i'm loving the yellow on yours. enjoy the ride!!

5. #5 Re: CB400 Inaugral Ride 
    Shewww, I know that bike .
    Have as much fun with it as the previous owner had!

E.