Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11 Re: Victory in China 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    [cynic]Lard-like luxury bikes for obese rich people who can't really ride.

They should do really well in China, especially if they market them to the kind of guys who like BMW 7 series and Cadillacs.[/cynic]
    Plus they should do well in China because there so suited to the conditions here.

2. #12 Re: Victory in China 
    Banned
    Checkecd them VICTORY bikes out last year at the Sydney Victory flagship store and this year in Shanghai (Joy Motors) and they are extremely fugly in my opinion.........
    As others have stated, they suit the rodeo clowns perfectly.

3. #13 Re: Victory in China 
    Address:
    Dragon Bay Villa (Long Wan)
    AnHua Road,
    Wen Yu river area
    ShunYi district

@ Lao Jia Hou,

let us know a bit about the Victory riding feeling. How about yours?
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

4. #14 Re: Victory in China 
    Victory? for world war II?

As for Harley Davidson, I couldn't get those rich people remotely closed to hippie. It hurts my eyes for any Chinese guy dressing like one.
    同志仍需努力

5. #15 Re: Victory in China 
    Why all the vitriol?? I am happy anytime I see any new large displacement bike introduced into China. I am first to say Harley and Victory are not my style but the more bikers in China riding as hobby and/or for fun, the more likely we may some day have more common sense rules for riding here like being able to get on a tollway. ...or at least I can dream of it. I think it is great to ride whatever you want as long as you enjoy it.
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

6. #16 Re: Victory in China 
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
    I think it is great to ride whatever you want as long as you enjoy it.
    Now, that is so very true ...

7. #17 Re: Victory in China 
    Banned
    http://www.polaris-china.com doesn't work anymore, anyone has success opening the website?

8. #18 Re: Victory in China 
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie
    Why all the vitriol?? I am happy anytime I see any new large displacement bike introduced into China. I am first to say Harley and Victory are not my style but the more bikers in China riding as hobby and/or for fun, the more likely we may some day have more common sense rules for riding here like being able to get on a tollway. ...or at least I can dream of it. I think it is great to ride whatever you want as long as you enjoy it.
    Why the hate? Victory bikes look hideous! The motorcycle version of a Hummer, an selfish overweight gas-guzzling 'lifestyle' choice for people who find being 'seen' more important than the ride. There are already thousands of bikes like this: Sportsters, VMaxes, etc parked in garages under apartment blocks of the wealthy, who usually clog up the roads with their brash black cars. These kind of bikes see a bit of polish and a maximum of 1000kms a year. Yet when these kind of guys meet you on your work-horse 250cc, 10-20,000kms a year bike they openly mock you.

I don't have too many problems with Harley, they have the history and I even like the XR1200. I agree it is a good thing that there is another manufacturer of a big bike in the Chinese market, but I can't see why I have to like Victory. I mean how insecure do you have to be to have 'HAMMER' written down your muffler? Why can't we call a spade a spade?

9. #19 Re: Victory in China 
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    http://www.polaris-china.com doesn't work anymore, anyone has success opening the website?
    Does open outside the wall ;-)
    Andy

10. #20 Re: Victory in China 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    I agree ... ride whatever you want. This shouldn't be Gossip Girl where Sassy Sue is bitchin' about Sweet Sally carrying the wrong color purse, unmatched with her shoes. Who the hell cares?!?!?!?

It is definitely good news that American products are being sold in China, and also great news that they are large displacement motorcycles. The more the merrier.

As for Victory, they make damn good bikes. As for the radical design of their larger rides, I am old enough to remember identical criticism being leveled against the Gold Wings, the Ultras, BMW baggers ... anything, actually, that was different from what people thought a motorcycle should be. Personally, I am not a fan of the Victory fairings, but who knows ... maybe they will grow on me. I haven't ridden a Vic dresser (mine is a cruiser), but a few friends own them and they rave about them.

Technically, Victories are quite decent bikes. But they are not for the meek and mild ... they are heavy and they are powerful. Not a good starter bike for the MSF course.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast