So I stumbled upon these Chinese bikes by accident and found this forumm by googling the bike's model name:

MC_D250RTC

http://www.scooterdepot.us/250cc-str...les-p-744.html

I have to admit that I'm very intrigued.

I live in Honolulu and would like something better than a crappy little 50cc scooter or an incredibly old looking Ninja 250 for $2000.

I'm not a bike mechanic by any means but I think that I could work on them a bit if it came down to it. I can certainly change the oil. My question is though - how reliable are these bikes? $2000 for a 250cc that *looks* the way it does is an absolute steal! I know that people say there's going to be limited support but if they're really reliable I don't see a problem. For something as reliable as a Ninja 250, for example, I would be fine buying it without any support nearby since I know that the chances of it actually needing help are very very low. They just keep on running no matter what, it seems.

So, any word on reliability? I just want a reliable bike for transportation that's faster than a scooter and more respectable-looking than a 1985 Honda Hilux or 2000 Ninja 250 ;)