Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Win a chain lube system! Scottoiler & Strathclyde University collaboration project. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hello everyone,

My name is Alberto and I am a student at the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow, Scotland.

I am a part of a collaboration project with the Scottish motorbike chain lube systems brand 'Scottoiler'. Our group is carrying out a survey in order to explore the motorcycle culture in China and its riders maintenance practices.

Since foreign riders living in China are equally important as the Chinese bikers, we contacted the administrator of 'MyChinaMoto' forum and got the permission to conduct our research among the members of this motorcycle forum.

We are happy to give away Scottoiler V Systems automatic chain lubricantion systems to three lucky survey respondents.

This opportunity will last only until next Tuesday 22nd of May. However, there might be an extension given, if we do not achieve the required number of respondents.

Hope you enjoy the questionnaire. We have put in all our effort :)

Thank you for your time.

Please follow the link to the questionnaire:

https://strathbusiness.qualtrics.com...FLIuDEQIqtvUmE

scottoiler adventure.jpg

2. #2 Re: Win a chain lube system! Scottoiler & Strathclyde University collaboration projec 
    Alberto, it's cool that you guys have an interest in expanding Scottoiler's business. I wish you every success.

Be aware in a country where you can buy a domestically made Taiwanese brand chain for 50RMB, your scope is pretty limited.

3. #3 Re: Win a chain lube system! Scottoiler & Strathclyde University collaboration projec 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thank you so much for your words! Yes, it's actually really challenging but we are very happy to be working with the people from Scottoiler and see what it can be done.
    Everyone is helping a lot, so I just can say thank you to all the motorcycle community, both here and in China.

All the best.

4. #4 Re: Win a chain lube system! Scottoiler & Strathclyde University collaboration projec 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi everyone,

20 responses so far :) Thank you!

Please, if you could take 3 minutes of your time to help in this interesting research we will be very helpful.

Cheers,

Alberto

5. #5 Re: Win a chain lube system! Scottoiler & Strathclyde University collaboration projec 
    Best of luck with the research! It's good to see quality motorbike gear showing an interest in china, though i doubt many bikers here (including myself) would bring themselves to spend the money quoted in the survey to replace a task that takes 3 minutes a week. Still i'd love to have one!

Couple of notes on the survey:
    I'm surprised not to see Qingqi in the manufacturers' list, it's a fairly common chinabike
    I live in xi'an but there's no provision for that, so i wrote shanxi which is the closest.

6. #6 Re: Win a chain lube system! Scottoiler & Strathclyde University collaboration projec 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Felix,

Thank you so much for your words of support and comments. I really appreciate it. All you guys are really nice and helpful.
    I have one Scottoiler kit here at home and looks really nice! I just need a motorbike! I wish you all the luck in the VSystem raffle!!

Oh, I've already added Qingqi to the survey list. Sorry for that! We tried to include all the brands we thought were popular, but there are quite a few! :)
    As for the town, one of our Chinese classmates designed the options. He was working a lot on that as well, trying to cover all the territory, but it's difficult to include everything as well. Hope everyone can choose the closest place to their locations if we didn't add it.

Now that you mention the brand model, since Qingqi bikes are up to 250cc, how could this affect to the chain maintenance? I mean, do lower power ouput mean applying less oil since the chains are smaller? Also how can the higher temperatures in China can affect the oil? I guess it will need to be more viscous. Correct me if I'm wrong. I was just wondering what kind of local adaptations to Chinese bikes Scottoiler might need to consider.

Thank you for everything,

Alberto