Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Bike Info and general information 
    C-Moto Noob
    Hello all,

I would like to get some information about this bike before I buy it. The seller is telling me it is a 'Zhong Shen 250cc' but I would like to get more details about the engine and some impressions from people who have owned them. Also being in Donying I would like to know where I can go to get stuff installed such as a round front light and any rear lights. I would like to purchase so2012-05-16 13.33.52.jpg2012-05-16 13.33.39.jpgme stuff off the internet and find someone to install it.

Any info would be appreciated.

Is there any clubs in Shandong province? I would love to get out riding once in a while.

Cheers

2. #2 Re: Bike Info and general information 
    C-Moto Noob
    can anyone at least confirm the make and model of the bike?

3. #3 Re: Bike Info and general information 
    Hi Stosskraft I'm in a club in Zibo, only 100kms to the south of you, but these days there are only two or so of us who regularly ride. Loads of good riding in the central Shandong region. I thoroughly recommend the area between Boshan, Jinan and Taishan. If you'd like to come with us you'd be welcome, certainly sometime in the next month on a Saturday most likely.

I think the bike shown is a Jialing 125cc 'cabbage' bike built from parts from the internet, although in this case has s Zongshen 'Honda' clone 223-233cc single engine and I'm pretty sure it can't be legally registered in China, and that shouldn't be what a foreigner should really be buying here IMO. Look for a VIN on the head tube or down tube, there probably isn't one. If there is no plate on it, personally I wouldn't buy it although it's worth 2000-5000RMB depending on age (5000 new). There are some pretty good legal bikes available, what size/purpose are you looking for?

Cheers Z
    Last edited by ZMC888; 05-17-2012 at 03:54 PM.