Hi all, some backgrounder first: I'm a Filipino foreign student studying medicine in Hangzhou (dry city), and I'll be staying here for the greater portion of a decade. I currently have one of these DIY fake Yamaha Cygnus Z scooters which I've grown dissatisfied with, and am selling it soon. This isn't the ride I want to license.

I'm planning on getting a Regal Raptor DD125E-5F in a few months but I would like it to be legal, at least as much as possible. I understand I will have to do two things: 1) Get a Chinese 2-wheel motorcycle license in Hangzhou and 2) Apply for and get a license plate for the cruiser.

Do you guys think this plan is viable?
1. Go back to my country and get the motorcycle license.
2. Bring it to China, and go through all the necessary legal hoops no matter how long it takes.
3. Temporarily move to (or temporarily acquire) new residence to either Yuhang district or Xiaoshan district. (which are still wet)
4. Apply for a 折A license plate in Yuhang or Xiaoshan and get it. Move back afterwards. (I'm in Xihu district and will be moving to Xiacheng in 2 years)
5. Purchase the Regal Raptor and screw the license plates on it.
6. Ride around Hangzhou downtown, or at least the outskirts of the city proper near Yuhang district without fear of the cops.

I've also found other options such as simply purchasing 折A license plates from other people or using someone else's name and address to register or buying a second hand plated Regal Raptor but if possible I'd like to be straight as a ruler with this.

Thanks, guys.