Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 2008 QLINK Legacy 250 ~ review 

2008 QLINK Legacy 250
    Fully automatic motorcycle designed for beginners
    By Staff, Mar. 11, 2008

In a bid to attract beginners and those who might be a little intimidated by a manual transmission, QLINK Motor of Grapevine, Tex. has come out with a fully automatic motorcycle—the Legacy 250.

“All you’ve got to do is crack the throttle and you go,” QLINK service manager William Rosinski told Motorcycle.com. “We really have this bike for a beginning rider or women riders who don’t want to use the tough clutches on most of the bikes. This bike is really easy to use. This is perfect for first-time riders.”

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufactur...250-76569.html

Kind of a cool looking bike, but, a clutch isn't overly "tough", at least not in my experience...

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    The sister model to that one, called a CF MOTO V3 is probably the only original design to come from China. Its concept as an automatic motorcycle is being marketed now as a great breakthrough by the likes of Honda with their DN-01, Aprilia with their Mana and even Yamaha with the FJR-A.
    CF Moto did it years ago, as this model has been out for years, but no praise from the motorcycle press.

More details at: http://www.scootdawg.com/page45
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    The CFMoto auto tranny cruisers, sold under CFMoto, QLINK and Baron brand names, are the first China bikes I've seen with regularity here in Texas. Interestingly enough, they do not meet US DOT requirements, lacking a right foot rear brake lever.

tcs

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    PresterJohn,

After reading your attachment it appears to me that, since it is an automatic, it should be ok. I saw one last weekend here in S.W. Ohio that had tags on it and if it didn't pass DOT you wouldn't see it on the road with tags here in Ohio. Just my opinion though based upon how I read it. I hope they are ok because I am waiting for one to be delivered for my wife next week.

Honorary C-Moto Guru
    Presterjohn could be right. For example the new Honda DN-01 automatic cruiser was first shown in public with both brakes on the handlebars like a scooter. Production versions however, have a rear brake pedal, presumably to comply with US law.
    Jincheng Monkey JC50Q-7
    Skyteam Dax replica ST110-6
    Zongshen ZS125-43
    Qingqi QM200GY-BA Super Motard
    Qingqi QM110GY

C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Well we picked up the wife's new CFMoto V5 today. This little bike is unbelievable in all respects. The ride, balance, absolute lack of vibration and smoothness of ride are second to none. The biggest thing is, she loves it. Our dealer takes care of the titleing and then sends it to you as required in Ohio. They have sold these things for six years and have never had a problem with titles. The law reads that Left handle bar controls for the rear brakes are acceptable with an automatic clutch/trans. She showed it to me in the DOT manual. I'll post a photo tomorrow.