Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Absolute noob looking for a budget Chinese cruiser. Thinking of getting RR DD125E 
    Hi DrDustcell,
    I can't read this without putting in a word for the QianJiang Dragon:
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...%26%2340857%3B

Right price, and if you are in HangZhou as your avatar says, you could get it straight from the factory (also in Zhejiang)

2. #12 Re: Absolute noob looking for a budget Chinese cruiser. Thinking of getting RR DD125E 
    What is the price of the Haojiang?
    TAYO and Zontes are two of their brands.
    http://www.tayomotor.com/Default.aspx
    http://www.zontes.com/HomePage/HomePage.aspx

3. #13 Re: Absolute noob looking for a budget Chinese cruiser. Thinking of getting RR DD125E 
    Lobotomous is right, you should definitely consider adding that qianjiang 150 to your list. Handles great, comes well equipped, only costs 8000, seems very reliable, but most of all it's undeniably the prettiest small bike you can buy in china right now. It hasn't been out very long but has already got a lot of attention and a sizable following in the chinese bikers community.

http://search8.taobao.com/search?q=%...t-desc#rankbar

4. #14 Re: Absolute noob looking for a budget Chinese cruiser. Thinking of getting RR DD125E 
    Honda does not offer any dual sports in china, least not under the Honda name plate.

However Wuyang their partner does.
    http://www.wuyangmotor.com

But maybe these are not available for sale in China? You would need to contact them through their distributor http://www.motorcycle-supplier.com/

This model they offer is interesting looking ….maybe they offer it with a 150cc, not all the engines offer the same power some 150 engines offer close to 13hp and that is really important, because there are varying degrees in all these of under powered.

5. #15 Re: Absolute noob looking for a budget Chinese cruiser. Thinking of getting RR DD125E 
    The OHV engines are very common and for the most part offer a bit smoother take off, they rev slower however once rolling the OHC revs higher and has more midrange power, or a better midrange power band. That may not matter to you but I personally prefer a higher revving OHC over the very popular OHV engines.

Since the OHV revs less, its stresses less and that makes it very popular it is notoriously durable and they like that since it is forgiving if the oil is not changed regularly with good quality oil. However a well maintained OHC is also reliable, if you do not abuse it.

It is difficult to get the right bike with the right enginethat is because there are so many options, the Chinese love options, but those that sell the bikes that really know the products are few and far between. That is because they often do aggregate wholesaling, a bunch of products from a bunch of factories.

Guangzhou is ground zero for Honda and it partners, they are by far the biggest and likely the best source.

6. #16 Re: Absolute noob looking for a budget Chinese cruiser. Thinking of getting RR DD125E 
    QianJiang no matter how good are still just a copy of a Honda, and not really that much cheaper. Why not get the real thing? I believe the Qian may well be a pretty well bolted together bike, nonetheless the majority of owners of them have never owned a Honda, Yamaha or Suzuki and are on their first or second bike so they can't compare much, plus few of the bikes have probably done more than 10,000kms yet, so we can't really assess long-term build quality. Plus that the Chinese buy the Qian over the Hondas is because of money saving and anti-Japanese bias, not for many other reasons.

Another guy who owns the same bike as me swears 'it's pretty good, at least for value', but he's on his third China bike and has never owned anything else (two Qianjiangs and a Regal Raptor). I'd say my 'bike was poorly built to the point of being dangerous, with cheap components, but redeemable with a great deal of work, it could be as good as an 80's old Honda that had had a hard life'.

7. #17 Re: Absolute noob looking for a budget Chinese cruiser. Thinking of getting RR DD125E 
    I have Honda CB125e (SDH125-51). That`s very good 125cc street bike for city traffic, it has quite lively acceleration for a 125cc bike.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12