Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Lifan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. #31 Re: Lifan 
    Here is what I would like to see the Honda CA250 253FMM engine in, not exactly that style but elements of the design I find really appealing.

Things I would leave off are the flared fenders, they could be smaller narrower but still black.
    The big lolly pop directionals could be made smaller and nice round set of gauges would be good as well.

Point is that it is something that could be brought to the market fairly easily, why is it that they feel that little 234cc twin only should be offered in either a cruiser or a fully faired sport bike?

Is it because they are copying what is popular what is already selling in the market. They might want to consider offering what is missing and not what is already being offered.

The CD200 Honda Roadmaster, was offered in the 80’s and only in limited markets, ie Turkey and Pakistan. It had a 200cc twin, the 234cc could be put into that frame and modified cosmetically to make it more modern, it is a retro reproduction it brings back elements of the other previous Hondas, the CD bikes or Honda Dreams.

Last edited by MJH; 05-29-2012 at 07:48 AM.

2. #32 Re: Lifan 
    Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    This is the second time he appear at the forum (the first time was a silver one with label Roco on fuel tank). MJH, do you know who makes it? Or is it hand made?

By the way, he has a motor with a semiauto clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by MJH View Post
    Those engines do have a hand operated clutch, these however do not, they actually have a centrifugal clutch that is semi automatic, it is just another example of poor or no translation, they really do need technical specification editing as well as just editing of English media content overall.

Model:1P60FMJ....
    Well, this particular one have hand clutch. As far as I understand it, the clutch semiauto only have so-called "non SIG" engine, which are all to the last "small bore" (no more than the standard 107 cc or perhaps a dozen more cc)
    Attached Images
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

3. #33 Re: Lifan 
    Did you miss the link on another thread?
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...nly-CB50/page2

It is a Honda 50cc Solo
    http://world.honda.com/news/2003/2030305.html

It was introduced by Honda in 2003 as part of what they called their “N project” or New Projects. I sometimes put other brand names on bikes…and that was me that put the name ROCO on one.

The horizontal engines go up to 175cc but used mostly for off road racing, they likely do not last very long. But they should be easy to rebuild or even just replace. I see a lot of 160cc pit bikes being offered up for sale in the USA, yeah and they all have four speed semi-auto…they have no manual hand clutch action, you just click the foot pedal.

4. #34 Re: Lifan 
    Apparently, I missed it.

Thanks. Wing on a fuel tank somehow do not look quite like Honda's wing. Whether it is or Roco or Honda - it is very lovely bike.

Also, I notice a lot of its components already exist in the market. I am convinced that in Chongqing, based only on photographs, they could organize their mass production within a period of not more than two weeks.

Speaking of of horizontal engines, I know that German MSR makes horizontal engine with 220 cc. Also, in my part of the world we do not have "big bore" horizontal engine with semi-automatic clutch - manual only. In terms of reliability, seems to be that a 150 cc engine which photo you posted in Jialing-Honda-Benly thread, Lifan 1P56FMJ is quite reliable for everyday use.

Anyway, I think that horizontal engines deserve a separate thread on this forum.
    Attached Images
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

5. #35 Re: Lifan 
    Oh ok I should have looked closer or thought more about it. The bigger bore horizontals all are manual (hand clutch). Only the 110cc or smaller have the auto clutch.

Yeah all the from over 110cc to 160cc Pit bikes are manual, that makes more sense to me now.

6. #36 Re: Lifan 
    I am not sure but I believe that if the product is primarily reverse engineered it takes probably a good part of a year to bring it to production. That’s assuming it is using all off the shelve components anything new added would take longer.

But if they make something they have to know were it will be sold and in what numbers. For example I believe that the distribution for some Honda models are really relatively small by Chinese standards.

Like the 250cc models that all the Japanese manufactures offer, they have small numbers and they are not inexpensive.
    The CB223

ST250

and Estrella 250

might only each sell about 1500 annually in Japan.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234