Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. #31 Re: A nightmare on Beijing streets 
    Another really f*cked up story...

Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    [...]He's a felon, recently released from prison. [...].
    Yea we tend to forget, from our idyllically safe foreign point of view, that real criminals even exist.

- - -

Now if it's nice not to generalize and think that all drivers would enjoy to pass 2 wheelers and bystanders from above, only criminals, my ex GF driving her WV Polo was confessing me a few days back she wanted to buy a jeep to do just that. She's a nice person, she wouldn't do it... But she thinks of it.

I think if we're as fragile as ever, we're less and less popular.

I would bet it's because of all of them electric and pedal bicycles that burn though every red light and drive through all streets, ways and sidewalks upside down and inside out, but also them locals moto drivers who, if they actually prove their skills by still being alive, spit on each and every traffic rule..

But hey, every time i give a thumbs down, a fake kick, or raise a fist, i contribute...

I think it's doable to get 4 wheelers to see us in a brighter light, sure not all but we can change some.

A little thumbs up here, a little raised palm + smile there, it all depends in what mood we are when we throw one leg over the bike...

Anyways...
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

2. #32 Re: A nightmare on Beijing streets 
    Quote Originally Posted by braillce View Post
    Another really f*cked up story...

Yea we tend to forget, from our idyllically safe foreign point of view, that real criminals even exist.

-

Now if it's nice not to generalize and think that all drivers would enjoy to pass 2 wheelers and bystanders from above, only criminals, my ex GF driving her WV Polo was confessing me a few days back she wanted to buy a jeep to do just that. She's a nice person, she wouldn't do it... But she thinks of it.

I think if we're as fragile as ever, we're less and less popular.

I would bet it's because of all of them electric and pedal bicycles that burn though every red light and drive through all streets, ways and sidewalks upside down and inside out, but also them locals moto drivers who, if they actually prove their skills by still being alive, spit on each and every traffic rule..

But hey, every time i give a thumbs down, a fake kick, or raise a fist, i contribute...

I think it's doable to get 4 wheelers to see us in a brighter light, sure not all but we can change some.

A little thumbs up here, a little raised palm + smile there, it all depends in what mood we are when we throw one leg over the bike...

Anyways...
    Guys, stay cool!

Otherwise stay home, put your head under a pillow. Not everybody is bad outside

3. #33 Re: A nightmare on Beijing streets 
    Quote Originally Posted by SabineHartmann View Post
    Not everybody is bad outside

TRUE!

but it doesn't mean you can't express your thoughts and feelings as your therapy after dealing an ordeal on the road.
    I agree with braillce, i simple gesture/reminder will educate those incompetent/cocky drivers to be more responsible and treat all motorist equally.

On my way home tonight a black BMW just cut me from the right side while running more than the speed limit. It came at me from the blind side and almost didn't see the SUV until it passed and swerved in my lane. I was stunned and reaction less for a while until i stop in the intersection. When i got home and saw my gf reading her book peacefully i decide not to tell her, i was thinking there's no need for her to know since i got home in one piece anyway and knowing MCM"ers would be a better listener.

4. #34 Re: A nightmare on Beijing streets 
    C-Moto Regular
    i got literally pushed off the road sunday night.... hit dirt on the side and ran into a retainer pretty much head on.... bike got banged up pretty bad .... poor little Benelli ..... black bmw ... no plates ... just kept going .. i know he came at me from behind was in the other lane as i heard him revving his engine and i had just checked my blind spot.... suddenly i felt the bump and i was sliding towards the wall.... my friend behind me freaked out..... i immediately jumped to my feet did i quick inventory of myself.... no blood or bones sticking out.... bike was off.... leaking fluid so stepped back.... my friend was just staring.... he could not believe i was alive..... checked GPS ..... called police...... wife ..... sent GPS INFO VIA WECHAT and sms..... did a quick inventory again..... just some swelling at the knee..... helmet had a good ding in it.... my buddy came back.... the car took off on 4th ring.....no plates black unbadged bmw ..... he told me the way my body and head hit the wall he thought i was dead.... 3 days later.... a little pain but feeling much better.... just waiting to get my bike fixed ..... if it can be.... i just want to get back on my bike and carry on.... the driver...just some animal i am sure.... wear your gear .... drive safe.
    PS... doctor said my working out and muscle structure probably saved my life..... be careful out there....
    police were not really interested until my wife called her friend at PSB.... now it is a big deal.... insurance company is giving the run around too.

5. #35 Re: A nightmare on Beijing streets 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernalpanx View Post
    i got literally pushed off the road sunday night.... hit dirt on the side and ran into a retainer pretty much head on.... [...]be careful out there....[...].
    Dude...

Sorry to hear u went down, but glad u made it back up instantly, and in a single piece, indeed ur limbs & head seem solidly attached to ur trunk...

Pity for ur bike tho.

I hardly understand why authorities let cars without plates circulate in the 1st place.
    Le siècle ou nous vivons est un siècle pourri. - Tout n'est que lâcheté, bassesse, - Les plus grands assassins vont aux plus grandes messes - Et sont des plus grands rois les plus grands favoris. - Hommage de l'auteur à ceux qui l'ont compris, - Et merde aux autres.
    Georges Brassens

6. #36 Re: A nightmare on Beijing streets 
    Quote Originally Posted by braillce View Post
    I hardly understand why authorities let cars without plates circulate in the 1st place.
    That will only be getting worse, with the crack-down (well, if you believe it) on military plates ....

7. #37 Re: A nightmare on Beijing streets 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernalpanx View Post
    poor little Benelli ..... black bmw ... no plates ... just kept going ..
    it's a clear case of hit and run and the driver is facing 7 year imprisonment or more( if he/she get caught) is there any traffic camera when it happened?

Glad your ok man and survived this horrific accident,

is there anyone else had a close encounter with a mysterious black bmw out there?

8. #38 Re: A nightmare on Beijing streets 
    seems idiots are all way around these days....
    Yesterday evening I did farewell a friend at his hotel and the bike was standing on the ramp but with enough space to pass by.
    Then we got aggressively approached by some half drunken guys in a Audi just stopped behind us and complaining we block their way.
    I am really wondering when we will hear about the first traffic gun fight or deadly ending knife attacks.
    SWM RS500R, R1200GS LC

9. #39 Re: A nightmare on Beijing streets 
    C-Moto Regular
    Benelli engineer is telling me 2 monthes to fix my bike because the frame needs to be replaced. 1 month to build the frame and 1 month to rebuild the bike ..... Plus it will cost at least 10000 rmb ..... When S8 got rear ended in took 7 days ..... Just seems like a crazy amount of time anything goes wrong with a Benelli in China .... My friend had to wait 3 weeks for a new engine. With no dealer support and no training to the reseller .... Parts unavailable .... No customer service or support ...... Great fun bike to ride .... But seriously ..... Bite the bullet and buy something else new ... I can get 3500 for the engine ..... Everything else is pretty much toast.

10. #40 Re: A nightmare on Beijing streets 
    Man...

I feel u.

They say "at least" 10K, if u go for the repairs, make sure u ask for a definitive quote...

For a long time I thought of getting a benelli, but this ain't the 1st comment of this type regarding customer support.

I think I'll just keep fixing my laborious Regal Raptor till the engine falls off like the rest.

Anyways, hope u can get back on wheels soon, somehow.
    Georges Brassens

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast