Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 Hello from Las Vegas!!! 
    Certified Shade Tree Tech mrepooh's Avatar
    Hello all,

I've learned much from this forum, I own a DF 250 RTB. I enjoy the bike very much so. Though I have experienced many issues with the bike, I've bonded with it. You'll be seeing this bike around town if you ever go to Las Vegas..

DSC00093.jpg
    Dong Fang 250 RTB

'When you have a lot of money you can't just go around spending it... You need a plan' - Patrick Star

2. #2 Re: Hello from Las Vegas!!! 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear mrepooh,

Greetings and welcome to the boards! Nice looking bike, and very pleased to know you've worked all the kinks out. Owning a chinabike is not for everyone, but they do tend to reward those who accept what they are, and invest the time needed to work out an accommodation. Sheesh, that sounds like a marriage.

You ever get her out into the desert? Must be some gorgeous roads outside Vegas.

Cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: Hello from Las Vegas!!! 
    Certified Shade Tree Tech mrepooh's Avatar
    These bikes are definitely hands on bikes. Speaking of which, my engine kill switch just broke into a million pieces.. Easy fix but would leave a sour taste in the mouth of a non-mechanically inclined individual. I'm trying to tune my carb to run without all the emissions equipment installed... It's not easy, an on top of that I don't have any assorted sizes of pilot jets, oh well, I'll dial her in eventually :]

There are some awesome roads in and outside of Vegas, I live right at the edge of the city, I need to get her out and snap some pics of a great view I know :] The only draw back of riding in Vegas is that there aren't that many riders on the road, making riding a bit more dangerous.
    Dong Fang 250 RTB

'When you have a lot of money you can't just go around spending it... You need a plan' - Patrick Star