Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Happy Halloween folks!!! 
    Just wanted to drop a quick note to say:
    HAPPY HALLOWEEN GUYS!

CC
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Subscribe to the hippest, most happeneing Adventure Motorcycle Magazine around!
    Adventure Motorcycle Dual Sport News Magazine

Help support MCM!! Buy "The Return - Riding Western China" DVD! -

http://www.motocyclops.com/buydvd/

Personal China travel info, photo and video site:

http://www.carlparker.com

2. #2 Dang Crazy Carl 
    Master of Thump
    Dang Crazy Carl,
    China did a number on you man !!!!
    What kind of gas mileage are you getting on that cruiser ?
    Whatch out tonight for the kids with the BB guns, you'll be a gonner especially with a front wheel blow out .

Later, happy All Hallows Eve to ya too .

Snortin out !

Fact is I got wicked saddle bags!

Last of the rug rats finished about 9:30. Started a bit lame, just kids in sweatshirts asking for hand outs then got better as the night went on.

Haven't been in the US for Halloween in years and it's one of my favorite holidays, which should be a federal holiday!!! Kids get all dressed up, go out and get free candy... good times for a kid. I remember how much fun I had when I was but a wee Carl. The then parents get out and walk around the neighborhood for a couple of hours meeting and talking to their neighbors and people they'd normally just drive right by.

Sometimes I wish there was more of that "hallowed" spirit around!

HAAAARRRRR! Shiver me axles and batten down me bar clamps matey!

Happy Halloween to all, and to all a good freight!

CC

4. #4 Your right 
    Master of Thump
    Your right Crazy Carl,
    it aint the same as the old days ( were old ) .
    I live pretty rural and only get the neighbors , but not this year , nothing , nobody , notta , ZERO .
    Watched creepy movies and ate chocolate till I had heartburn is all we did here
    We used to get mighty mischievious back in the day Carl
    It aint the same Crazy Carl , those days are gone unfortunately .
    Last couple years we go to dances and stuff, but this year, after working all day we were too tired . ( were getting old , did I say that before ? Must be dimentia setting in ) . I lived in California for some time when I was young too , it was a hoot back then . Now everyone is parraniod , worried about poisonings , rape , drive-bye shootings , etc , etc .....Kids here tricker treat at the Shopping Mall Carl , good grief !!! The humanity .
    Beam me back to the 70's please Scotty , there is no intellegent life forms here anymore
    Its still dark out here 6:00 am , need to go check if we got egg-ed or our tires popped or Nazi swastickas on the garage door painted in blood. How times have changed Carl , sad shame too . But I have my memories , and they are grand .
    Nice to see someone like me and my lady that actually love the All Hallows Eve too Thanks for making me think of my childhood Carl , which in some ways is still current . I keep being told by my mate I need to grow up .
    Little does she know it will never ever never happen

Snortin out

Halloween in North America is changing...

A city in Illinois has made it illegal (I assume this is a municipal bylaw) for trick or treating over a certain age... And has also set that you may only do it between certain hours, I think there was a 3 hour window.

In Toronto, one of the school districts is not allowing it to be called Halloween, it is supposed to be called, get this, "Black and Orange Day", because Halloween *may* be offensive to someone.

I get that Canada is supposed to be multi-cultural, but I don't think it is supposed to be culture-less?

Well said Jim. Black and Orange day?!??!?!

Fookin' unbelievable... maybe they're tring to attract more mah-norities? You know at least 80 percent of the 20-30 monster crews that came by our place were minorities and dressed up too! Groups of kids and parents of various ethnicities walking around together meeting neighbors and such. These kinds of things don't happen everywhere in the world.

Anyway, speaking of orange, I went for a hike today at peak leaf season in the Shenandoahs... frikin' beautiful. Will, post a couple after they're processed.

CC

7. #7 Wow , bummer 
    Master of Thump
    Wow Jim ,
    Toronto is really doing that ?
    I would never have thought Canada anywhere would be like that ?
    Not sure if that would be Culture-less or not , but it sure is Fascist .
    I wonder if you get the fireing squad there for calling it Halloween at the schools in class if your a student ? Maybe you'd be sent home to have fun instead
    Screams Adolf Hitler to me . You know how he was when the Jewish folks called out Hanaka when the Storm Troopers were around for X-Mas dinner and all :

Orange and Black day ? Must be a Harley Davidson Holiday now in Toronto , they at least got the colors right if not the politics and ethics and even a smattering of backwards Morals too on that one . Good grief

Snortin Out

Yeah, that is what was reported on the news in BC here anyways, the reporters didn't seem to think it was a smart idea either... Toronto is pretty strict on a lot of things I think, from what I hear, but I've never been there. I think I read if you have your car modified for performance they will impound it on the spot, and I don't remember if it said they would crush it as well or not...

9. #9 Wow 
    Master of Thump
    Man oh man that's rough .
    I won't be visiting Toronto in this lifetime then .
    Canada has some very good IHRA Drag Racers and some are from Toronto too Jim , as well as BC .
    I bet they have a hard time driving around very stock Subarus and Toyota cars that they can't do anything to to make them more sportier . Must drive them nuts living under the thumb of that much bearocracy I am guessing .
    But , from what I have seen in pictures , Toronto looks very beautiful , especially the countryside . Obviously the politics are a little brutal though .
    Thanks for sharing that stuff , it amazes me still to this day how stupid and out of hand governments local and national are nowadays .
    When I lived in Saudia Arabia it was the same there too with the Modification policy in Riyad City , no mods to any cars , period . And here's a funny one , but no Coca Cola or Ford cars either , they are banned because of the owners of the companies religeon . Say what !!!! But then agian they confiscated my Black Sabbath and Ozzy Osborne records too , along with my Bible till I left the country . The bible obviously never got touched from Customs after it was taken but the records were opened and they had fignerprints on them that were not mine when I got hem back . I bet the Muslims that listened to my Rock and Roll really loved Ozzy's current release Crazy Train that I brought over with me ! LOL ...
    I guess it was the upside down crosses on the cover of the album that made them confiscate them ???? Either that or Shek Abdul loved his rock and roll in hiding ? I know they loved the corn liquer we made there , even if it was certain prison for us and them ...

Snortin out

Ahh here is the link...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/canadian...fied-cars.html

So far BC doesn't have anything crazy like that, BC is very nice too... I've never been to Ontario myself.

Edit: Here's a better link...
    http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...eet-racing0620

Toronto — The government has the power to seize and destroy cars that have been adapted for street racing, and can do so before a race takes place or any charges are laid, Ontario Attorney General Michael Bryant said Wednesday.
    That is such a load of BS in my opinion... Stuff like that makes me feel like staying out of Toronto as well :S
    Last edited by Jim; 11-03-2008 at 02:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast