Since 2007 I've been a very contented owner of a 2001 BMW R1150 GS. But now, alas, I am preparing to leave China and looking for a new owner for my trusty steed.

I am the second owner of this bike, the first being a Taiwanese rider who had it imported to China and then realized he couldn't really handle the beast. The bike had about 25,000 km on it when I purchased it. I've run it up to 48,535 km (about 30,160 miles). The bike has some external battle scars, as any proper enduro should, but I have meticulously maintained this machine in accordance with the BMW manual and with the help of MaxBMW in New Hampshire, my laojia. Last year I had a full work over of the bike at BMW Beijing, for which I can provide documentation, and threw on a new set of Conti stubbies, which are terrific on road and off, and still have many miles left on them.

Over the past couple weeks I have been preparing the bike for a new ride through Gansu and Qinghai. I just put some work into the front fork and steering column, swapping in a new ball joint and changing the fluids and seals. Also just installed a new battery. But it turns out I must return to the US earlier than expected. So my final trip will not happen, but you will be getting a machine fully prepped for adventure in the mountains and prairies of western China.

The bike has a Caribou Luggage pannier system from Colorado, and some Touratech flourishes (only what is necessary, no extra garbage). The bike will also come with a Wolfman tank bag, a solid tool kit, and some random spare parts (I have a new clutch plate that has never been used and the fixings for a future oil change, should you want it).

I own a 2010 R1200GS in New Hampshire, but to be perfectly honest, I vastly prefer the simplicity and power of this machine. It has Xinjiang license plates of semi legal status. I've ridden within Beijing's fourth ring before, but really, this is not a city bike. This rig is ready for the open roads. Asking for 65K yuan, but price negotiable if you can pay in dollars.

Bike is currently in Lanzhou, Gansu, where I am working. This is a great starting off point for real motorcycle travel. Save yourself the trouble of driving through China's interior, which is generally nasty. Fly out here, get on the bike and roll.

There are pictures of this bike on my 2011 thread Beijing to Qinghai with my dog on this site. Happy to send further pictures and discuss details over the phone. Lanzhou cell: 18919986743, Beijing cell: 15010711940.

Max