Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 qingqi models available in China 
    C-Moto Regular
    I've been wanting to upgrade so something with more power, and able to go off-road pretty much since the day I bought my Lida last year. Since there's no bikes for sale in Tianjin (other than the questionable TEDA market...) I'm largely limited to shopping online.

Thanks to this site, I discovered, and drooled over, lots of bikes I never knew existed. I had finally decided to get a Qingqi QM250GY-B(A) and contacted the factory about ordering one. I was crushed when I received this:

"抱歉,这款车目前国内不卖,因为没有目录,无法上牌照。"

Basically, it says:

"Sorry, that model currently isn't sold in China, because it doesn't have 目录 (mulu?) so it's not able to be plated."

Bummer! Chinese customer service being what it is - that's all they said. So rather than trying to pry information and a sale out of their hands I figured I'd ask here. What's the availability of Qingqi bikes in China? I really want a 250 enduro. If you have a better suggestion that I can get (even other brands) I'm open to listen. Though I do prefer the slightly less dirt-bike style, like the Qingqi QM250 vs. the Galaxy 250.

Also, I've heard that there's a Qingqi dealer in the Qili area of Beijing. Can anyone confirm that before I train up there and get lost looking for it?

Thanks!

2. #2 Re: qingqi models available in China 
    They have terrible air pollution in china….

I am looking at the EPA test results of that model offered for sale in the USA the carbureted version.
    This is the Chinese standard: CO HC NoX
    > 150 mL (UDC + EUDC) (2.0) (0.3) (0.15)

These are the actual emissions on the carbureted version sold in the USA, note that testing methods are different.
    NoX 0.257
    HC 0.809
    CO 9.045

Not even close...

I Struggle with a closed loop EFI lowering emissions by that much, I could go to the Suzuki global site and see what the emission numbers are on the version they sell that has EFI. It has to meet the above Chinese standard.

3. #3 Re: qingqi models available in China 
    EFI 250 sold in the USA has these numbers.

NoX 0.01
    HC 0.24
    CO 0.24

However the application testing method in the USA is different then in China.

4. #4 Re: qingqi models available in China 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thedannywahl View Post
    ... I've heard that there's a Qingqi dealer in the Qili area of Beijing. Can anyone confirm that before I train up there and get lost looking for it?
    The name of the dealer is "Qili", and it is near the Jiugong station on Line 5. There is only one exit at that station. When you get out of the station, head West (to your right), and walk about 200 meters to the first traffic light. You will see Qili just across the intersection. It is a large dealer.

Last time I was there, I saw a few of the new Qingqi 200 bikes, now with fuel injection. They can be plated, and Qili could probably arrange at least a 京B plate (company registered), and perhaps even a Tianjin plate (if such an animal exists).

Didn't see any 250s, though. And Galaxy bikes are not sold in Beijing (cannot be plated here).

Good luck.

5. #5 Re: qingqi models available in China 
    C-Moto Noob
    were you able to buy the bike directly from the factory in Jinan?

cheers,
    Mico

6. #6 Re: qingqi models available in China 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Mico,

I'll PM you the names of two guys I know at Qingqi in Jinan. They are assigned to Peugeot's JV there, but could give you some guidance as to what Qingqi has available for purchase in China, and what's in the pipeline. At a minimum, they should be able to lead you to the right people at Qingqi.

I think ZMC888 knows folks there too, and has visited the factory.

Cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)