Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Please help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Please help 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    There are broadly two classes of riders here in Shanghai, and I'm not counting the poseurs who just ride to Starbucks for coffee. These are guys who ride daily for transport, and those who ride "to get out of Dodge". I'm definitely one of the latter, having zero appetite for stop-and-swerve riding in urban chaos.

Riding out of town is only the most obvious method, and you can be in excellent riding country in four hours or so. Also highly recommended is shipping your bike by K train to a great roadhead city like Kunming (maybe 750 rmb), Guiyang (650 rmb) or Changsha (450 rmb), then transporting yourself by plane or train to meet your bike. This way you can hit some of China's great roads wtih a fresh start, saving yourself endless hours of East China riding drudgery. This "forward projection" approach probably costs less than riding directly if you factor in petrol, tolls and hotels.

We all have our own reasons for riding, and I fully respect yours. We're always looking for riders to join us in organizing adventure rides, and would welcome you and others to give it a try. Even if you wind up with a 'busa, you can throw some soft panniers over the saddle and you are good to go!

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #12 Re: Please help 
    C-Moto Noob
    Great ideas..i so like and we would be joining this kind of adventures with my wife and whatever bike i can get in shanghai :)
    I think riding a bike alone is no fun at all..it is wonderful with friends..

By the way, for the bike, i talked to the suzuki guys and price of a hayabusa is still crazy..238k before tax,etc..unfortunately they don't have any smaller alternative..such as 750 or 1000..i am trying to find the yamaha dealer and i read about joy motor...some says this guy is not trustable some says the otherwise..i think it is better i go and check myself.

3. #13 Re: Please help 
    Quote Originally Posted by toysR View Post
    Dipstick..thank you..do you have the address or the phone of that yamaha dealer?.
    Answer in this post.
    (#294 in the thread)
    Take your riding one day at a time. Enjoy it like a newbie and hope to never get complacent...

4. #14 Re: Please help 
    HI toysR
    You buy what you want to buy mate but all i can say driving loads of KM in China now you have heard the saying SPEED KILLS well in China that is so true because he/her will pull out and or not see you and or dont care so you buy the big fast bike mate good luck but please be CAREFUL long time DEAD.....

5. #15 Re: Please help 
    C-Moto Noob
    Guys i like to give some update on prices in shanghai..

As you can read on the form yes you can have a Yamaha R1..they don't have all colors in the store but it takes only one week to get it.
    Price is 228k plus tax 20k and 68k for the shanghai plate "A" the total key price is 316K
    Suzuki hayabusa is also available. they have white and black color in stock. Total package price same as yamaha is 330k..it looks that they are willing to give some discount on this price.my feeling is about %4-5..
    Ducati prices are still same..but i found two second hand ducati FYI..one is 696 monster..only in 1000km..brand new..it is 180k all included..
    another one is Ducati 848 evo..the motor price is 210k..kind of final price..the guy bought it for 268k 3 months ago..also only 1000km..when you apply for the plate you need to pay for tax which is about %8 and plate 68k..therefore total will be 298k

I am still searching..

6. #16 Re: Please help 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by toysR View Post
    i read about joy motor...some says this guy is not trustable some says the otherwise..i think it is better i go and check myself.
    big questions still remain, who and how will Joy Motor honour warranties, repairs, parts as they do not have the qualified mechanics, tools, knowledge, know-how, computers to service all the different brands they import and sell on... so far have seen the following brands in the JM shop: Triumph, KTM, Ducati, Ural, Honda, Victory. HD, BMW, Suzuki, Yamaha, Aprillia, MV-Agusta and he is clearing a shipment of Bimota bikes in the moment I was told as people paid deposits already......

same goes for the Suzuki / BMW / Benelli resellers based on Pubei Road in Shanghai, they have no friggin' clue about them import sports / adv bikes on display....

anyhow, whatever you buy, enjoy cruising in China and ride safe!

7. #17 Re: Please help 
    C-Moto Noob
    you are definitely right...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12