Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    150ccs and 250ccs were not mentioned BUT they seem to be designing a much bigger engine and bike now. So the M2 design seems final. You will probably see the front suspension also in their other designs.

The 125ccs displayed were for the European market. It was indicated that Chinese emission regulations would allow to take more power out of the same engine.

Molding seems to be done by specialized factories, but with all molds belonging to Micantech. Assembly of the production bikes will be done in their factory.

2. #52 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    If chinese manufacturers could make a bike witht eh same sort of details as the old japanese 400's they would be on to a winner a good handling bike with good power that isn't too much and at a good price to have fun on two wheels for, will be good to see how the company develops this technology further quite a quirky design.

Kennon

3. #53 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    C-Moto Senior
    Before I put my money (if I had any!!) down I would have to be really convinced of the reliability of that front hub,,it looks so weird..From a marketing point of view are,t they wasting there time making a 125cc,I would have thought its much better to go big!!!

4. #54 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    Would have loved to be there for the test day, i'd really like to try this bike. FFE (funny front end) bikes are cool. The people saying the front swingarm looks flimsy should remember that there is way less stress on it than a conventional fork. This set up makes a lot of sense to me.

My main gripe is the styling, particularly the tail, which looks like it was hacksawed from a piece of mdf. It's just uninspired, it looks like the plethora of cheap fake sportsbikes you find on taobao for a few grand. Same with the website and video, they don't look convincing. I reckon this is an engineer's bike; lots of thought and effort went into the technical aspects, which is a great thing, but not much importance was placed on the design or the brand.

Personally i'd love to see this bike as a naked. You could really do something cool with the frame (or lack thereof) and show off that front end instead of trying to hide it.

5. #55 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    never mind the bike
    i want that pig!

6. #56 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Would have loved to be there for the test day, i'd really like to try this bike. FFE (funny front end) bikes are cool. The people saying the front swingarm looks flimsy should remember that there is way less stress on it than a conventional fork. This set up makes a lot of sense to me.

My main gripe is the styling, particularly the tail, which looks like it was hacksawed from a piece of mdf. It's just uninspired, it looks like the plethora of cheap fake sportsbikes you find on taobao for a few grand. Same with the website and video, they don't look convincing. I reckon this is an engineer's bike; lots of thought and effort went into the technical aspects, which is a great thing, but not much importance was placed on the design or the brand.

Personally i'd love to see this bike as a naked. You could really do something cool with the frame (or lack thereof) and show off that front end instead of trying to hide it.
    If you are commenting on my post,I better make an effort to explain, I like you always like to see different kinds of steering systems, not just the same old lash ups...I am old enough to have seen many such systems..but what alot have in common is a quite complicated bearing arrangements holding the front wheel in place and been able to turn..When you think about it ,its going to be difficult to achieve.. It has to be strong enough to resisted cornering forces and braking plus cheap enough to produce sucessfully..Looking at this bike I cannot get a clear view of how there front hub works ,,I am wondering if its like the old Difazio front end ,or I suppose because a french man is involved,it is more likely to have some Honda ELF in the mix....Anyway,whatever I was not dissing it ,,,just questioning hub reliability....

7. #57 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    Quote Originally Posted by zhu View Post
    never mind the bike
    i want that pig!
    Get in the line...

Behind me. :)
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

8. #58 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Vyrus-Bimota-Micantech.jpg
    here is the difference between the Vyrus, the Bimota and the Micantech

9. #59 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    It looks like all the stress is bore on the engine case, it seems it is the center for all the distributed loads.
    The engine is rigid and it has flex point on it connecting to rigid parts, the front wheel rotating and how that occurs is what is being questioned, its not clear how it rotates and also spins simultaneously. The hub of the front wheel is the part that most are considering.

Many of the comment made on the designs, in all the different languages, they all contain genuine concern about these wear points and the inspection and maintaining of them over time seem to be an issue for most.

10. #60 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Yes, you are right, MJH. But in a very small amount, because, the front shock, (which can be in vertical or horizontal position, depend just of the shape of the linkage), receive a big part of this stress.
    The stress is distributed between the right and left side of the crankcase and also between the right and left side of the steering and front suspension linkage support.
    Another point is that, when the 2 shocks of the bike are on compression, the reaction of the back shock, naturaly, cancel a big part of the stress coming from the front. (On your picture, there is not the subframe which is also an important part of the structure).
    This is also a truth that the comments about bikes without front fork are concerned by the reliability of the systems. Motorcycle world is quite conservative and motorcyclists (for the ones having no engineer formation) has hard time to understand how work those systems in it’s globality.
    Remember, the telescopic front fork, which is a completely anti-mechanic system, exist since almost 100 years, without improvement in it’s structure. At the old times of steam locomotives, scientifics were saying that after 60 Km/h, people’s face distort and human heart stop to beat. Can we speak of obscurantism or just bad habits? Human is always scared by what they do not understand.
    The front wheel of the Micantech bike is spinning on 2 big balls bearings and the pivot of the steering rotate on a spherical bearing. This spherical bearing does not spin but rotate, with the wheel, of 30 degrees on each side. I think this is clear enough to prove the reliability of the system.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast