Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. #31 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    Micantech guys, good luck!

I would like finally to see your bikes in show rooms worldwide, or even just "ordinary" bikes with your Screamer engine.

P.S. If you are looking for beta testers for your motorcycle outside China - I'm your man.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #32 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    You're right "guru" I took words like: Horrible, Shits and Giggles" as negative words. I shoul have read "Positive"
    Anyway, this will be a great party and who want to come will be very welcome.
    The improvments will come from critics, after testings.

3. #33 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 

4. #34 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Thank you Zorge.

If somebody, serious, is willing to import the bike or the screamer engines in Serbia, Michel told-me, he is willing to send a sample.

5. #35 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    It has EC homologation

6. #36 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    Quote Originally Posted by markintosh View Post
    Thank you Zorge.

If somebody, serious, is willing to import the bike or the screamer engines in Serbia, Michel told-me, he is willing to send a sample.
    After boom in sales in 2006-2008, C-moto market here is... capsized and sinking ever since. Bulk of C-motos are waiting for buyers in their boxes for several years. Is the reason for that market saturation or global economic crisis - I do not know. Only God knows when something is going to change in a positive direction.

Just sharing my thoughts with you: if you prove that the market does not accept this bike with interesting suspension system, it would be a waste not to use Screamer engine. As I see it, the bike with the basic but effective design and feisty little engine, has always been a commodity for which there is an niche and interest in the market.

If you can find a good compromise between the quality of the entire motorcycle and it's price - success should not be missing.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

7. #37 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    Interesting bit of engineering design. I like people that think outside the accepted "norm" and take a risk to find a better way. Could you let us know when/if you plan to make something in a bigger displacement? Any dual sport models on the drawing board?

My 130kg arse tends to make even a 600cc engine work pretty hard and I am on old off road motocycle rider who prefers that off road riding position. (sometimes standing on the pegs for fair distances) I wish you were closer. It would be an interesting bit of education for an old fart like me to see the design up close.
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

8. #38 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Markintosh,

If this bike is for real, its performance will speak for itself and silence the critics. Like many in this forum, I'm both skeptical and hopeful that my skepticism is proven to be without merit.

This is China, and people have plenty of cause to be skeptical. Micantech's founders surely know this. If you are just a "friend of the company," I can understand your defensiveness, though you are doing no favors to the brand or your own reputation by attacking anyone who expresses skepticism. If you actually work for Micantech, and especially if you are in charge of marketing or promotion or brandbuilding, you should be fired for incompetence.

MJH's suggestion that Micantech put this bike under the legendary iron butts of ChinaV aka Mr Smith or Captain Pikey aka futianshenzhen or serpentza aka serpentza for a couple of weeks of test thrashing is a good one, and one he made with the best of intentions. These guys are anything but armchair critics, as anyone who's spent more a few minutes in MCM should know. MJH is no slouch either when it comes to knowing a thing or 10,000 about China bikes. You only betray your own ignorance and harm Micantech by belittling them.

Here's wishing Micantech a great outing this weekend, and every success. I'd love to see the skeptics, myself included, proven wrong.

cheers
    Euphonius
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #39 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    M2 retail price in Europe would be approximately 1200 Euro less then the retail price of a Yamaha YZF-125R, which is 4,349.00 EURO.

So the retail price of the M2 would be around 3,149.00 or just over $4,000.00 USD.

The M2 would be about 800 Euro more then a 2013 Hyosung Karion that has a 15 hp 125cc DOHC oil cooled engine.

Thanks for the euros Jeff.
    Last edited by MJH; 04-08-2013 at 05:38 PM.

10. #40 Re: Micantech - New Suspension System 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear MJH,

I think you need some of these Euro symbols so here's an armful: €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

You're welcome!

(OK, don't know where to find them in MSFT Windows but in OS X the Edit menus usually have a place to choose "special characters". There must be an easier way!)

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast