Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1 Need Help Choosing a Bike 
    So I firmly decided to part ways with my Asiawing LD450. Burn it/sell it, whatever.
    Question is: I need a new plateable (read: legal) bike.
    My requirements are as follows:
    1. The bike has to be reliable, I ride all the year around, whatever season/weather.
    2. Handling. The bike should handle well - I'm riding downtown, that's heavy traffic and not much riding space.
    3. It has to have adequate lighting, I ride at night as well and I know how terrible it feels to ride with a joke of a headlight.
    4. Body finish. i don't have a shed. I down't own a garage. I don't live in that fancy apartment complex. I leave my bike outside with just a cover on it. I need paint to last.
    5. Service. I would never ever want to experience it again when I go to the dealer I bought a bike with and they say something like "不好意思,没帮法" and leave you at that.
    6. Would be good (very-very good) if the bike had enough ground clearance to, say, jump up/down a curb.

I'm not a stunt-rider, I ride very carefully, well within my limits. Often take my 4-year-old daughter on the bike. The main purpose is city commute, 1-hour-plus rides sometimes.
    I don't care about how the bike looks, I care about how it performs - I have nobody to impress. My height: 180 cm; weight: 75 kg.

I was looking at different offerings here, starting from a 50000 yuan Benelli BJ 600 (that's the price with the plates) and 48000 yuan CFMoto 650 NK all the way to Suzuki GN 125, which will be under 20000 yuan plated.
    I'll be buying the bike around the end of November (my birthday), so have more than enough time to save up for it.

Give me some recommendations, please.
    Thanks all.
    Steve
    Last edited by Steve_Halt; 06-26-2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: incomplete info & spelling mistakes