Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
  1. #41 Motorcycle cops 
    C-Moto Senior
    Yeah, no kidding. I think it was because the cops bought BMW bikes and that was part of the deal. But this guy can really ride that big heavy GS anywhere on any terrain.
    You been down in Zibo too long. (I was there back in the 1980s) Up here in Beijing you can see some really good Chinese motorcyclists dragging their knees at GoldenPort race track on the track days.
    Regds,
    Jim
    www.mycj750.com

Quote Originally Posted by ZMC888 View Post
    Really? He really teaches Chinese cops to ride? I've lived in China about six and a half years and culturally (where I am at least) Chinese have too big egos to ever learn anything from a foreigner unless they are learning:

1. English (and some of the time they don't believe what a foreigner is saying can be right if it contradicts their Chinese Uni English teacher!)

By pure maths, no matter how many Chinese motorcycle cops there are who completely suck, there will eventually be one who can really ride who will eventually get the the position of a teacher. Thus meaning that they never need a foreign teacher and save face.

Actually I've never seen a Chinese rider with his knee-down or with good road craft. But you'd find that they wouldn't want to learn that anyway. Probably they consider good to be going through small gaps and wheelies, endos and burnouts.

Perhaps if you sent them to BMW in Germany, to do a proper training course that could be different, or sent them to learn from motorcycle cops in a developed country, such as the UK, USA or Australia they could handle it.

Anyway what training do Chinese motorcycle cops need?

1. Park on intersection.
    2. Collect cash from motorists.

Not much riding involved!

Yeah, no kidding. I think it was because the cops bought BMW bikes and that was part of the deal. But this guy can really ride that big heavy GS anywhere on any terrain.
    I know that now! But what were the chances?

You been down in Zibo too long.
    I know but can't leave, (wife and baby).
    Up here in Beijing you can see some really good Chinese motorcyclists dragging their knees at GoldenPort race track on the track days.
    Well, I hope they don't ride to the track, 'cos that would be illegal (unless they are very rich!).

What bikes are they riding, by the way?

Goldenport is a nice circuit layout, has it been resurfaced recently, and is the track in good condition?

Cheers,

Lew

Oh, and do you know how much it costs to do a track day? And when they do them?

Thanks Jimbo!

4. #44 Riding in Beijing 
    C-Moto Senior
    Lat I heard I think it was about RMB 500 for a couple hours of tracktime. Mostly I see Hondas up to 1000ccs, Suzukis, a Ducati once in a while, and Yamahas. You need to hook up with one of 2 shops that are near the track. They get the call when the track is available and they SMS all their friends about it. You rarely get 24 hours notice I think.
    I used to instruct for the Ferrari distributor there, and it was the same issue. The track is booked almost a year in advance so the only time available is when someone cancels.
    Regds,
    Jim

Oh, and do you know how much it costs to do a track day? And when they do them?

Thanks Jimbo![/QUOTE]

They had a lot of track days available in 2008, relative to the last few years . I'll bet there were at least ten (10) to fourtenn (14) , and that is about 10 to 14 more than I am aware of them having in years

Track Time = 180 RMB/ hour, to rent a Yamaha R-6 , appiox 650 RMB / hour
    2005 Ducati 1000 SS and 2004 Ducati 999
    2006 Yamaha R-1
    2007 Suzuki DRZ-400 SM
    1984 BMW R80RT
    EMail: Lago888@yahoo.com _Cell # 1348-864-0048

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345