Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: Taobao Dealers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Taobao Dealers 
    Many of us buy parts from taobao. I suggest here we share our experiences with different taobao dealers. What made me start this thread was frustrating experience with one of the dealers. Probably we could share our buying experience and help each other with choosing where to buy spares at.

So, Comstar Rims.

Taobao link: http://bestrim.taobao.com/?spm=2013.1.2-1cATMb.1

Experience: 22 May 2012 I ordered two 17x3.5 rims from them. One should be 34 spokes, another one - 36 spokes. They said 36 spokes' rim should be custom made and the price would be that of 2 rims. I paid for 3 rims all in all. They asked me to confirm delivery at once so that they had money on their hands to pay the factory. I confirmed the delivery.
    Their page says making custom rims takes 20 days. 20 June 2012 they contact me and say that "the factory rims were faulty and they'd delay the shipment they knew not for how long". I waited until today, 29 June 2012. No shipment.
    I called the mobile phone number given on the website: 13801646233 at 9:00 am today.
    The sleepy lady said she was in the hospital so she couldn't do anything about my rims and my payment. She said she'd "check with the factory and get back to me". She knew nothing about alleged factory rims problem.

Opinion: I find this "service" extremely frustrating and requiring legal action.
    Last edited by Steve_Halt; 08-11-2012 at 01:34 AM. Reason: info added

2. #2 Re: Taobao Dealers 
    Good experience to balance it:

Shop name: zanin

Taobao Link: http://shop57749847.taobao.com/?spm=2013.1.2-2IuKR8.1

Experience: big choice of various oil/liquids/lubricants. The shop is located in Nanjing, so the delivery has been superfast. Oils seem to be not fake and work as they should.
    Last edited by Steve_Halt; 08-11-2012 at 01:36 AM. Reason: info added

3. #3 Re: Taobao Dealers 
    Nice leather bags from taobao:

Shop name: yiaiju

Taobao Link: http://shop63060243.taobao.com/?spm=2013.1.kSrl-PHH7K.1

Experience : lots of bags for different bikes/models. Good quality, fast delivery. The salesperson was very polite and asked a few questions about the usage of bags and warned me that those I had bought were for a specific model only. Quite professional.
    Last edited by Steve_Halt; 08-11-2012 at 01:36 AM. Reason: info added

4. #4 Re: Taobao Dealers 
    Another set of bags from taobao:

Shop name: 麦兜吆

Taobao Link: http://qdoutdoor.taobao.com/?spm=2013.1.1000126.3

Experience: lots of bags on that website, branded ones too. I got me 2 pairs of MotoFizz bags, both of which fit nicely on my bikes. Universal strap mount helps. You can mount/unmount bags easily. Took them through rain and snow and dirt and what not - prime quality! Expensive, yes, but well worth it. Superfast delivery is also a plus.
    Last edited by Steve_Halt; 08-11-2012 at 01:38 AM. Reason: info added

5. #5 Re: Taobao Dealers 
    Shop where I bought bars for my QingQi 125cc cafe':

Shop name: 神马摩托改装

Taobao Link: http://emons.taobao.com/?spm=a1z0b.7.2-6943349507.2

Experience: got lots of mods for lots of bikes. High quality stuff, too. My bars went on nicely and haven't been an issue. Most of things are for small displacement motorbikes, but I didn't really go through all of the pages. I guess everybody here on this website could find something they'd be interested in. Delivery time was standard - 3 days. Package was ok when received. No damage.
    Last edited by Steve_Halt; 08-11-2012 at 01:39 AM. Reason: info added

6. #6 Re: Taobao Dealers 
    Mirrors Shop:

Shop name: yuchanggui11

Taobao Link: http://shop59255669.taobao.com

Experience: this shop is dedicated to selling motorbike mirrors. Only. And they have a huge selection of whatever mirrorf you can think of. Be it a Harley or a 125 cc something-bike, they got the aftermarket mirrors for it. Mine arrived on time - 3 days and the package was complete with tools to set mirrors up, bar-end adapters and the bolts needed. It facilitated the installation. The mirrors are CNC and look very good. Useful as well, since they got anti-reflective coating, which works nicely in direct sunlight.
    Last edited by Steve_Halt; 08-11-2012 at 01:41 AM. Reason: info added

7. #7 Re: Taobao Dealers 
    Please also input where's the dealers located. The bag got fast delivery because it's from Shandong
    Last edited by humanbeing; 08-11-2012 at 03:05 AM.

8. #8 Re: Taobao Dealers 
    Quote Originally Posted by humanbeing View Post
    Please also input where's the dealers located. The bag got fast delivery because it's from Rizhao ,Shandong
    OK, sure.

9. #9 Re: Taobao Dealers 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Just posting this here since Taobao comes up in the search...

Be careful with Taobao.com came across a scam with a real motorcycle dealer who has been a seller on Taobao since 2008, but just opened a motorcycle shop several months ago (he had a blue diamond too). Negotiated a deal on a (legal) brand new motorcycle for a substantial amount of money (RMB) I'm not talking a 125cc or 250cc bike either.

Everything progressed well, until trying to organise the payment. Because of the sum involved we couldn't use a Chinese issued credit card because the dealer didn't want to have to pay the transaction fee. I offered to reimburse for this (e.g add to the price). With the price we had to go to the bank, to make some amendments to the Alipay linked bank account. Done. Then when we wanted to put the money into Alipay the dealer directed us to www.me.alipay.com - seemed odd.

Checked the site at the time, looked convincing, but something didn't add up. Made calls to both Taobao and Alipay (wangwang) and sure enough me.alipay is not Alipay, and has no affiliation with Taobao or Alipay (wangwang). So no guarantees.

In this case, the dealer had a Alipay account too, but wanted the funds placed into this other me.alipay account. When challenged the dealer just said, he needed the funds into the me.alipay account otherwise he couldn't issue the correct tax invoice needed to get the licence plate.

Seems there was/is a copy of Alipay called "me.alipay" which looks just like Alipay, but has no affiliation. Me.alipay.com is not an escrow type service, meaning funds placed into an me.alipay.com account go directly into a sellers nominated bank account!!! Once that happens you can't get funds back.

After a complaint which both Alipay and Taobao are investigating at the moment, the dealers Taobao shop front have been removed from Taobao, although the dealer is still linked with Taobao. Just cannot see any of his bikes or anything he's selling or trying to sell. We have been advised we will be contacted by Taobao and Alipay at the end of the week long investigation. Seems me.alipay.com has been taken down too.

You don't have to have completed the purchase on Taobao to make a complaint about a dealer/seller on Taobao.

Just be warned.

10. #10 Re: Taobao Dealers 
    Thank you, will warn my wife, since she does a lot of stuff on taobao. Heard about the scam with an alipay-looking website from my students, but nobody gave me its address.
    Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast