Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

1. #1 My first scooter (Jetmax 250) 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Well here is my brand new Jetmax 250 (my first ever scooter), it will share the garage with my cruiser. I'm very happy with it. Shame I cant see a way of fitting a top box though...
    Jetmax 250.jpg
    Last edited by WirralGhostHunter; 07-02-2012 at 07:12 AM.

2. #2 Re: My first scooter 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Welcome to MCM. Nice looking scoot. You'll find a lot of info in MCM about CFMoto scoots, and of course now you can start providing information based on your experience.

Where is Wirral?
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #3 Re: My first scooter 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post
    Well here is my brand new Jetmax 250 (my first ever scooter), it will share the garage with my cruiser. I'm very happy with it. Shame I cant see a way of fitting a top box though...
    Jetmax 250.jpg
    Welcome aboard MCM and the Jetmax wave. You will find a significant amount of information concerning the Jetmax, as I did a review of one I bought more than a year ago when they first were launched. So enjoy the read. I've done over 50000km on mine (here in China), and added and moded many items. OH, and yes you can actually get a rear luggage mount, but it required replacing the pillion grab rails, as CFMoto have a luggage rack that uses essentially the same style of pillion grab rails but they have an additional section which then allows fitting said rack. Go check out my posts about my Jetmax and you will find the luggage rack I had made, then the ones that the factory supplies.

Caveat though, your CFMoto dealer may not be able to obtain the rack and replacement grab rails, as another purchaser in Belgium has tried. I'm helping him out by buying a set here in China and sending them his way. It isn't cheap (courier costs mainly), but if you get stuck trying to obtain them, then give me a shout.

And Jeff, Wirral is a peninsula in North West England, UK. :)

Anyway gidday...

4. #4 Re: My first scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    Welcome to MCM. Nice looking scoot. You'll find a lot of info in MCM about CFMoto scoots, and of course now you can start providing information based on your experience.

Where is Wirral?
    Thanks for the welcome euphonius, I will be posting my life with the Jetmax. Up til now I am very happy with it, mind you I've only had it a few days

5. #5 Re: My first scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Welcome aboard MCM and the Jetmax wave. You will find a significant amount of information concerning the Jetmax, as I did a review of one I bought more than a year ago when they first were launched. So enjoy the read. I've done over 50000km on mine (here in China), and added and moded many items. OH, and yes you can actually get a rear luggage mount, but it required replacing the pillion grab rails, as CFMoto have a luggage rack that uses essentially the same style of pillion grab rails but they have an additional section which then allows fitting said rack. Go check out my posts about my Jetmax and you will find the luggage rack I had made, then the ones that the factory supplies.

Caveat though, your CFMoto dealer may not be able to obtain the rack and replacement grab rails, as another purchaser in Belgium has tried. I'm helping him out by buying a set here in China and sending them his way. It isn't cheap (courier costs mainly), but if you get stuck trying to obtain them, then give me a shout.

And Jeff, Wirral is a peninsula in North West England, UK. :)

Anyway gidday...
    Thanks for the welcome bikerdoc. I've just read your review on the jetmax - wow - very thorough, I really enjoyed reading it while I was having a cuppa.
    I was really impressed with the rack you manufactured too.
    You were right about the dealers, I asked them about the option for a luggage rack, they say non is available (or they dont want to go to the trouble of finding it).
    I looked at your factory grab rails and rack, very nice I must admit. If you are still willing to help me out obtaining a set, I would be grateful. Could you perhaps let me know how much the rails and rack would cost me, and how to send funds.

6. #6 Re: My first scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post
    Thanks for the welcome bikerdoc. I've just read your review on the jetmax - wow - very thorough, I really enjoyed reading it while I was having a cuppa.
    I was really impressed with the rack you manufactured too.
    You were right about the dealers, I asked them about the option for a luggage rack, they say non is available (or they dont want to go to the trouble of finding it).
    I looked at your factory grab rails and rack, very nice I must admit. If you are still willing to help me out obtaining a set, I would be grateful. Could you perhaps let me know how much the rails and rack would cost me, and how to send funds.
    No problem. Will look into the rack for you. Can you PM me your address details so that I can make enquires as to the costs of sending. As for payment, well the easiest method is via paypal. Otherwise payment could be a TTF into either my NZ or Australian bank account(s). For obvious reasons payment into my Chinese bank account would be overly complicated, so best avoided. The other option is if you know someone who will be heading to China then payment and/or collection of the items could facilitated that way.

Drop me a PM and we can work things out. I'm dealing with trying to see if I can get the rack etc today.

7. #7 Re: My first scooter 
    One other thing, you might like to change the title of this post, to something including Jetmax, CFmoto etc, as then others can find it when using a search outside of MCM. Just a suggestion - up to you.

8. #8 Re: My first scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    Drop me a PM and we can work things out. I'm dealing with trying to see if I can get the rack etc today.
    Cheers bikerdoc, PM sent

9. #9 Re: My first scooter 
    C-Moto Senior
    Hi ghost,,,I too was looking at a jet maz,,but was put off by the price and well the fit and finsh,,,,bikerdocs jet maz looks really good in white,,and your also looks fit,,but when I saw one in black,it looked crap and cheap....I,m still with out a bike so may be interested in the 650TR if it arrives here.....keep those reports coming,,,lipsee

10. #10 Re: My first scooter 
    Quote Originally Posted by lipsee View Post
    Hi ghost,,,I too was looking at a jet maz,,but was put off by the price and well the fit and finsh,,,,bikerdocs jet maz looks really good in white,,and your also looks fit,,but when I saw one in black,it looked crap and cheap....I,m still with out a bike so may be interested in the 650TR if it arrives here.....keep those reports coming,,,lipsee
    Hi lipsee, I've had the Jetmax for a few days now, and I haven't been off it. Happy up to now, yeah fit is a bit out (as per bikerdocs posts), I am keeping a blog here, lets see if we can convince you to buy one