Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Kurisu's Riding in China Top 14 Tips 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by iamcanjim View Post
    -Do not retaliate. If a car cuts you off or even physically hits you, he is not doing it out of aggression, just lack of skill and manners. If you retaliate (yell, hit mirrors or kick doors) they will get angry, as they have no idea why you are angry.
    This is the smartest advice that I hate the most! These people need to have their head straightened and unfortunately, turning them off to you won't help that situation. However, given the many injuries and much damage I have suffered (and never bothered dealing with the authorities), controlling the rage is the hardest thing to do...

2. #12 Re: Kurisu's Riding in China Top 14 Tips 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Dan! Where was your profile pic taken! It looks soooo familiar! Perhaps it could have been any city in China.... ;0)

3. #13 Re: Kurisu's Riding in China Top 14 Tips 
    Quote Originally Posted by wanglong View Post
    This is the smartest advice that I hate the most! These people need to have their head straightened and unfortunately, turning them off to you won't help that situation. However, given the many injuries and much damage I have suffered (and never bothered dealing with the authorities), controlling the rage is the hardest thing to do...
    I know, life is such a fukkin shit isn't it? And it is getting sooo expensive too. Oh well we all should grow up sometime. You could always ride around downtown Washington or Tottenham London, Glasgow Scotland and many, many so-called civilised western cities on a pimped-up cruiser and see how long you last. Did you need a larger arsehole? Cheaper than plastic surgery but difficult to remove the muffler unless you have a friend with you.
    Kinlon R/T KBR JL200GY-2

4. #14 Re: Kurisu's Riding in China Top 14 Tips 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    you have to realise and accept that you're in china and not in some western country with traffic rules

5. #15 Re: Kurisu's Riding in China Top 14 Tips 
    Dan! Where was your profile pic taken! It looks soooo familiar! Perhaps it could have been any city in China.... ;0)

That photo was taken in the new town area of LiJiang, Yunnan in December 2005. What you don't see is the policeman who was running towards us because I rode up into the pedestrian square to be able to get this snapshot. It was my first trip to China and I couldn't pass up the opportunity. We got out of there just before getting apprehended.

Cheers,

Dan K.
    Dan Kearney - Black Hawk, Colorado, USA
    Zongshen RX-3 - Zongshen TT250 - Ural GearUp Hack - Honda CT110
    Ural M70 Retro Solo - BMW R100R - Royal Enfield Bullet 500
    http://dansmotorcycleblog.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12