Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Galaxy Yinhe Motor...250ADVENTURE 
    Hello, I went to the Galaxy factory a couple of months ago to inspect the 250 Adventure as a China MOto buddy recommended this bike. I ordered one and paid for it there and then. They delivered to my home and I had to do some assemby. Anyway, I like the bike and the look and the motor...but i had many problems because they use very low quality parts...and design flaws...also workmanship poor during factory assembly. i called the factory rep and sent 5 emails of problems....NO RESPONSE after phone contact to my emails. See below: during the first 800 kilometers:1) Engine vibration very bad, unable to drive long distance
    2) Fuel Line fell off, spilling gas......rubber tubes old
    3) Engine fuel adjustment too rich causing black smoke from exhaust and engine stops frequently

4) Headlight bulb stopped working and headlight adjustment difficult to light the road properly
    5) Screws that hold the skid plate were not installed straight and cannot be removed
    6) Throttle Cluster does not fit properly on handlebar and moves down when opening the throttle. Unable to open throttle completely
    7) Horn works sometimes
    8) 12v power supply cap does not stay close

9) Ignition Unit comes out of the body
    10) Rear Fender (Mud Guard) fit poorly covering the Brake Light, cannot see light
    11) Chain requires adjustment every two hundred kilometers
    12) Steering Lock fell off while driving
    13) Exhaust (Muffler) inside material coming out at the seam

14) Spark Plug wire came apart
    15) Motorcycle Stand lean bike too far over (Kick Stand)

2. #2 Re: Galaxy Yinhe Motor...250ADVENTURE 
    Sounds like an afternoon in the shed would sort that lot out
    Harden up ya Jessie

3. #3 Re: Galaxy Yinhe Motor...250ADVENTURE 
    thanks....yep alot of buying of replacement parts on taobao already...yesterday the damn thing was falling over and would not stand on its.....stand... bad design.....so i went to a truck repair place where i saw a welding machine and had the damn thing corrected....can you imagine you not being able to get off the bike because it would fall over...gotta love china quick service and only 10 kuai....

4. #4 Re: Galaxy Yinhe Motor...250ADVENTURE 
    Kikikilercat, how you gonna solve that problem with the engine vibrations? Did you check are the motor-mounting screws tightened properly? Can you check is the magneto balanced?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

5. #5 Re: Galaxy Yinhe Motor...250ADVENTURE 
    thanks for the advice...i will take it to a mechanic tomorrow...he already made suggestions about changing the choke device which was sticking up when the lever was lowered...i will have him look at the mounts...dont think they have a clue here about electronic diagnostics.... it was burning too rich i could see by looking at the spark plug...changed that to a NGK Iridium...has to be better than the one that came from the factory....

6. #6 Re: Galaxy Yinhe Motor...250ADVENTURE 
    The issue about mixture is usually solved by turning the appropriate screw on the carburetor to the right direction (not right as opposed to the left side; it depends on the condition of electrode spark plugs and carburetor design). Plus, during break in period, or at least first few hundred km's, I would not have change the stock spark plug. In my experience, NGK spark plugs (although do not know about Iridium) do not like rich mixture or oil in the combustion chamber (not at all uncommon during the break in period). That kills them quickly.

7. #7 Re: Galaxy Yinhe Motor...250ADVENTURE 
    i didnt know that....i changed the plug yesterday...at 1500 kilometers.....what oil do you recommend? Mobil or does it matter.....and i never know what to pay....fear of foreigner pricing...he he thanks in advance

8. #8 Re: Galaxy Yinhe Motor...250ADVENTURE 
    I would immediately say, "Try Bardahl", but if you're limited with the choice, apply generic advice: be sure to find an oil whose characteristics correspond to what it says on the label.

9. #9 Re: Galaxy Yinhe Motor...250ADVENTURE 
    ok, about 2000 kilometers and an electrical unit under the seat, rectifier or something, goes out on me 40 kilometers in the countryside, dirt roads etc.. some idiot mechanic tried to do something or nothing, anyway had to be taken back to my city in a pig truck,,,fortunately clean and empty. the part was about 25 kuai. Not happy ruined our day looking for caves to explore, hot etc.. among the other problems listed before..im not trusting the Galaxy motorcycle much...fortunately though parts are easy to find. I paid the pig guy 300 kuai because he had to return home 40 clicks away.

10. #10 Re: Galaxy Yinhe Motor...250ADVENTURE 
    CDI, Regulator Rectifier, Starter Relay and Ignition Coil will all fit in a very small space, can be easily carried as spares, and cost almost nothing. Don't ask me how I know .

Sucks when a 25 quai part ruins your day.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast