Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Re: Galaxy Yinhe Motor...250ADVENTURE 
    Add to list spark plug too.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

2. #12 Re: Galaxy Yinhe Motor...250ADVENTURE 
    Hi guys! I dont know if was in this topic or another that someone mentioned that the Pitsterpro are Galaxy! From i am know this is incorrect. The desing its similar but the Pitster are manufacture from Shuoppu Science wich is another manufacture. And from what i read in thers sites they are very good indeed and hold pretty good abuse! I think that the problem rely in assembly line like you said wich i see is very comunn with Chinese manufactures!

3. #13 Re: Galaxy Yinhe Motor...250ADVENTURE 
    Quote Originally Posted by motoviva View Post
    Hi guys! I dont know if was in this topic or another that someone mentioned that the Pitsterpro are Galaxy! From i am know this is incorrect. The desing its similar but the Pitster are manufacture from Shuoppu Science wich is another manufacture. And from what i read in thers sites they are very good indeed and hold pretty good abuse! I think that the problem rely in assembly line like you said wich i see is very comunn with Chinese manufactures!
    you are right! Pisterpro same as Galaxy. But they are made in the same factory, which there are two, about 200 kilometers away from one another. The worst thing is the representive in charge of export, who I met at the factory, who I talked on the phone about the problems, told me to write to him listing the problems, who I wrote to three times about my problems NEVER wrote back or called.

Another thing about this motorcycle is there is no room to put anything under the seat...even an alarm. Also there is a lot of wiring behind the headlight, which is just 'stuffed' in there unorganzied and unprotected. The wire for the odometer broke because of this..it pulled itself too tight and snapped, this is happening wih the line for the front disc brake fluid.

Also, I can not tighten the center spring because it is impossible even to get the smallest spanner wrench in there to turn the nut....
    galaxyforest222.jpg

4. #14 Re: Galaxy Yinhe Motor...250ADVENTURE 
    From what I understand, Pitster buys a couple models from Galaxy and a couple models from Shuepo.

Service from Galaxy is never that great, the main reason being that there are probably 12 foreigners in China being serviced by the export rep who really shouldn't have to be responsible for domestic sales issues. The domestic (China) sales team can't speak english, so they use the export person to deal with the cranky foreigners.

Factory direct sales and service in China has not worked well for any of the China moto companies. I have always been treated nicely by the people at Galaxy, but I wouldn't count on them if you need to resolve a problem quickly. The bureaucracy of factories in China makes very simple things, like sending a clutch cable, quite time consuming and complex. I've learned that it's better to go directly to the factory or just buy on Taobao.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

5. #15 Re: Galaxy Yinhe Motor...250ADVENTURE 
    Quote Originally Posted by kikikillercat View Post
    Also, I can not tighten the center spring because it is impossible even to get the smallest spanner wrench in there to turn the nut....
    I assume you are talking about the collars above the spring on the rear shock? Take a small wooden dowel and hammer, you can slowly tighten it that way. Many bikes just don't have room to get a spanner in there and the old tap tap method works just fine.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

6. #16 Re: Galaxy Yinhe Motor...250ADVENTURE 
    Guys! I also see another company selling those models its called JJC and they have website is pitbike.cn. Are they reselling the same product from Galaxy? are they have better quality?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12