Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #10 Re: My blog of a Jetmax 250 
    I can't get the right perspective from the photo, but I suppose that the problem is current position of handlebar switches and brake cylinders, together with their levers. Try to rotate them a little in the direction like when you open throttle. After that is easy to adjust mirrors - loose 14 mm nuts, pull back mirror rods...

Also, do not forget to spray some silicone lubricant inside the mirror joints. After that, they become... how to say... very adjustable in all directions, without fear that you'll break them during this adjustment process.

About the mirrors: I have a couple of those, but they came in matte black. In fact, the mirrors itself are not bad at all - they are bifocal. The only problem were too short mirror rods - with them you could only see the reflection of your own elbows. I made a new, longer mirror rods, and the visibility of what is going on behind me, drastically improved.

If you decide to make longer mirror rods, beside with their length, you can also experiment with the angle under which rod was bent, the height where the bend is, etc.
    Last edited by Zorge; 07-06-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...