Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1. #111 Re: Happy Christmas 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Hi Kiekeboevdc,
    Welcome aboard.
    Dont forget to start a blog when you get your scoot.

If you haven't already done so, check out bikerdoc's post on the Jetmax too...

Quote Originally Posted by Kiekeboevdc View Post
    I have also already a question, I see on the internet that there is also an WK JETMAX 250 EFi model,
    http://www.ingearcarsales.co.uk/car_...167__index.php
    is this the same Jetmax of CF Moto ???
    WK (White Knuckle) are the UK importers of the Jetmax. Same scooter as yours. Here's their link :-
    http://www.wkbikes.com/

Enjoy your ride and shiny side up

2. #112 Re: Happy Christmas 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiekeboevdc View Post
    Hey all,

I am new on this forum, live in Belgium (Flanders Ghent), and ordered this week a Jetmax 250CC black. Next week on saturday they will deliver it at my house :-)

Thanks for all this usefull information here, that is nice and I will try to help when I can...

I have also already a question, I see on the internet that there is also an WK JETMAX 250 EFi model,
    http://www.ingearcarsales.co.uk/car_...167__index.php
    is this the same Jetmax of CF Moto ???

Thanks and have all a peacefull nice new year.

Thomas
    Hi Thomas, welcome aboard MCM & congrats on your new purchase. The Jetmax is a worthy maxi scooter & should serve you well if my Jetmax is any indication. That said though, WirralGhostHunter has had his share of little niggles likely related to QC. I've done 50,000km on mine without any significant issue. I have done lots of small upgrades, having added lots of "farkles" to make my Jetmax suitable for my wants. The Jetmax is a better than average budget buy maxi scooter, but it is not at the top of the maxi scoots in the 250cc class. This is very obvious to me when I hop from the Jetmax to one of my Burgman Executives (although the Burgy is a 650cc and some would argue is the king of the class). I viewed the link you provided & the scoot is the same Jetmax you have likely bought. Interestingly the Jetmax is not MANUFACTURED by NEW-WK or whatever they claim in that link, that honour goes to CFMoto Co. in Hangzhou (pronounced "hung joe") in mainland China.

I'd also suggest you do a search here at MCM (near the top right of the browser window) for Jetmax, CFMoto &/or 250T-6A.

Look forward to reading your thoughts and life with the Jetmax in future here on MCM.

BD

3. #113 Re: Happy Christmas 
    Hi, thanks for the replies both. I have tested and ordered the Jetmax at the Belgian CF dealer. For me this is rather a big step from a small 50cc electric Neco Econeco to the new Jetmax. I prefered a scooter and not a moto, and thats one of the reasons to buy the Jetmax. I was very surprised when I saw it first time at the dealer. So easy to get on and off and a weight that is perfect. The looks depend on personal taste but I find it a nice scooter. I asked a friend who is a moto bike rider to check the technically side off the Jetmax and he was rather surprised what there is used in the bike and that in a positive way. He had never heard off CF Bikes, I know the logo from quads I saw. I have a driving license for car and 4 ton camper but have to do tomorrow a pc test for a moto driving license. Then I must folow 8 hours practically driving. And then finally a test on a parking and on road to get a + 125Cc moto license. A long road to go... :-)
    Thomas
    CF MOTO JETMAX 250I

4. #114 Jetmax is DEAD! 
    Well what can I say?
    I have looked after this scoot, serviced it regularly, washed it, ridden it respectfully, bought expensive add on's for it.
    And now, not even reaching 5K miles...........
    The oil light came on.... At tick over I have to rev it a little to make it go out... Then while @40mph, comes on again................Rev a little faster......... goes out........... @50mph, comes on again................
    Engine oil at correct level, and is checked every couple of days.
    Is it a faulty switch? I'm not going to chance it.
    Engine doesn't feel the same now...
    Sure its under warranty, and I have been offered to have it fixed - but I've had a belly full of the problems I've encountered in my short ownership.
    I don't want to chance any more heartache with this scoot.
    I am in negotiations with the distributor to buy it back from me, but I'm going to take a hell of a hit on it. The best deal I can get is to trade it in against another CFMoto bike...
    Confidence is not high, the only option I have is a 650NK.
    I've read decent reviews about this bike, but I also read decent reviews about the Jetmax.
    I reckon I must have been a right SOAB in a past life...........
    Stay tuned for my blog of a 650NK.
    Wish me luck folks.......
    Last edited by WirralGhostHunter; 01-11-2013 at 09:18 PM.

5. #115 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    Whether you be swayed by a flashing light bulb?
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

6. #116 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorge View Post
    Whether you be swayed by a flashing light bulb?
    Hmmmm...

Not quite swayed by a flashing bulb.

Few other factors involved. The ones that I can think of right now are -

1. Leaking headlight enclosures, - Leaking as in they filled up with at least 1 inch of water. (Brand new scoot -first rain)

2. Leaking front indicator enclosures - Leaking as in they filled up with at least .25 inch of water. (Brand new scoot -first rain)

3. Tarnished rear indicator bright work - rapid corrosion from pics I posted earlier.

4. High levels of rust on the scoot frame - discovered when I removed the seat bucket to install aux rear stop / tail light.

5 . Failed roll over switch.

6. Random engine stalls, happens whether hot or cold.

7. Failed water-pump.

8. Built in radio MP3 player stopped working (within first month of ownership).

9. Variator, belt and clutch diagnosed as needing replacement. (I paid for the diagnostic work while pump getting sorted - but props to supplier, after seeing pics - agreed to send out all components under warranty).

10. Gearbox oil, always drains milky (water ingress?) changed out three times same result.

11. High levels of exhaust corrosion, incl: bright-work, can, and hangers.

12. High levels of mirror corrosion, as in stem and actual glass/quicksilver.

13. Oil pressure fault, just a faulty bulb - NO WAY - I can feel engine behaving different.

If I had the time or inclination I could expand even further, but I've had enough of the Jetmax saga.

Dont get me wrong, there are probably many happy Jetmax owners out there - but I'm not one of them.

Oh! back to your reply - Around five months ownership from new - I think I have reason enough to be swayed

7. #117 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    Maybe you should sprinkle it with a holy water...
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

8. #118 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear GhostHunter,

Damn, sorry to hear this saga but don't blame you for throwing in the towel. You hung with her far longer than others might have.

I'm less impressed by the dealer "support." In a better world, the manufacturer Chunfeng would be avidly reading this forum and already would be leaning hard on this dealer to do right by you, given that virtually any google search for CFMoto Jetmax will lead any prospective buyer to your thread. Perhaps Bikerdoc, who has spent a lot of time with the Chunfeng folks, will correct my misperceptions and demonstrate a capable, responsible response. But my expectation is that Chunfeng doesn't care enough to follow rider forums, and wouldn't much care about your suffering even if they did know.

At least with the 650NK, there's a quite a bit of independent analysis out there, and some decent reviews that actually seem to be based on objective parameters.

Why not at least contact the factory directly, and see if they will give you a fairer deal? We in China can help with that if you like.

Cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #119 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Hey WGH, sorry to read of the latest saga with your Jetmax. What I'd advise is one of two things in terms of where you are at with the Jetmax and the dealer;
    1. return the scoot to the dealer with your list of issues to see how or if they are able to resolve them. At a minimum have the dealer replace the oil pressure switch (which they have offered to do) and ask them to at least check cylinder compression since you feel that there is a difference in engine perfromance.
    2. go for the buy-back option either as a complete cash buy back so you can get out of the Jetmax and then buy something else (AN400, AN650 or others), or,
    3. Jetmax used as a deposit on another CFmoto product, but I'd be going with the 650TR touring bike and not the 650NK, even if that means waiting or pushing the dealer for the m to import the TR...

If you have no joy from your CFmoto dealer then let me know...
    BD

10. #120 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    ....Jetmax used as a deposit on another CFmoto product, but I'd be going with the 650TR touring bike and not the 650NK, even if that means waiting or pushing the dealer for the m to import the TR...
    Please note that CFMoto is already showing the 650TR on their US website.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast