Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
  1. #121 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Hey Guys,
    Thanks for your support.
    I really cant blame the dealer for my Jetmax woes, they have been very helpful and always came up with the replacement parts as needed - no questions asked. In-fact I would give him top marks! I just wish they were local to me instead of 90 odd miles away. The problem is with the reliability of the Jetmax itself.

Majority of bike shops wont touch anything Chinese other than very basic servicing, finding anyone to do warranty work was a nightmare. The support network is non-existent. There are hundreds of "box shifters" about, and a few Chinese bike dealers.

Two years ago I purchased a Lexmoto 50cc scoot for my son, (even after being warned against it) from a dealer.... True to form when things started to go wrong, they avoided putting anything right under warranty... 11 months later - scrap the scoot...

Then once bitten, you guessed it, I tried another Chinese bike dealer, to replace his ride. This time I thought spend a little extra and get a "decent" set of wheels for him... This time an AJS 125 cruiser...

Oh dear, when things went wrong - the dealer dances around the issues... The alarm bells started to ring with the first problem of a failed "neutral switch "...
    Dealer reply "well do you really need to know when you are in neutral".....

I'll never forget the comment a "Big Four" bike shop said when I took the Jetmax for its first service - "wont last six months" That's still ringing in my ears...

Oops, rant over - back to whats happening..

As things stand, I cannot wait to pursue other avenues. I urgently need a bike for my work.
    I certainly cant wait for the Jetmax to be repaired, and risk even more problems later on. My hands are tied

I tried local bike shops to see if they would trade my Jetmax for something more conventional.......... Same story.... They did not want to touch it, one or two offered me next to nothing as a trade in value...

Next I tried to sell it in my biker circles.............. NOT A CHANCE!

My hands getting tied even tighter...

Luckily the dealer offered me a deal against another bike - the 650NK.. He only deals in CFMoto stuff.

Hands tied very tight, so this is the only option left open to me... The 650Nk would not have been my first choice for a "keeper"... I would have much preferred the 650TR tourer....

This is how I weighed things up.

1. Jetmax has to go!

2. Luckily dealer is a decent guy and offered me a way out - BUT I'm taking a massive hit - only myself to blame....

3. 650NK comes with two years warranty, so hopefully my luck will change and I can get two years out of it.

4. Here in the UK, everyone wants a naked bike (and it looks like a ER6n), so if I have to cut my losses a second time, hopefully I will be able to get rid easier.

5. The dealer will sort out delivery within a couple of days, good chap

6. I'm back on the road sharpish....

So there we have it.

Would I recommend a Chinese bike - NO!
    Would I recommend a Jetmax 250 - NO!

Perhaps if you guys in China have a way of letting CFMoto know of my plight, I would be grateful. In the early days I sent "inquiry" emails to them - not one single reply.........

Would CFMoto want to come stand up to the plate and compensate me in some way independently, I very much doubt it... I'm a small fish in a very big pond.... But miracles sometimes happen, I'll let you know if they do... But I wont hold my breath..........

Peace and ride safe...

2. #122 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post
    ....Would I recommend a Chinese bike - NO!

Now would CFMoto want to come stand up to the plate and compensate me in some way independently, I very much doubt it... I'm a small fish in a very big pond.... But miracles sometimes happen, I'll let you know if they do... But I wont hold my breath..........

Peace and ride safe...
    You are a good man, WGH, and I admire your clear thinking. From what we've heard from Bikerdoc in earlier postings about the Jetmax and CFMoto in general, they are beginning to act like a responsible brand. They are streets ahead of Chinese competitors in learning the ropes of international marketing, branding and customer support, and because of their strong branded push have much more to lose from an unhappy user experience.

With that in mind, and with a desire to help cultivate further improvements in corporate responsibility, I'd suggest that you do make an effort to contact CFMoto/Chunfeng and offer to work with them and your dealer to sort out what went wrong with the Jetmax. Maybe you just got a lemon, or maybe they've effed up some manufacturing processes for whatever reasons and need strong user feedback to rectify them. You seem like the sort who would welcome a chance to make good with them, and help them to be a better company for future customers' benefit.

Whether there's financial compensation or not (and I hope there is), that would be a preferred outcome compared to the story simply ending with an embittered customer and a big black eye for CFMoto.

@Bikerdoc, how about we make a friendly attempt to bring WirralGhostHunter's frustrationsi to Chunfeng's attention, to give them a chance to make right. And if they don't, well, we report that in this thread too for all to see.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

3. #123 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    I know its early, after 270 km, but I am very satisfied with the Jetmax. And for me, its fast and drives smooth. If I had to give a negative thing till now it would be that for taller persons the seat is a little to short. Maybe it is not a bad idea for CF Moto to deliver the Jetmax with another saddle in European countries.
    Thomas
    CF MOTO JETMAX 250I

4. #124 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiekeboevdc View Post
    I know its early, after 270 km, but I am very satisfied with the Jetmax. And for me, its fast and drives smooth. If I had to give a negative thing till now it would be that for taller persons the seat is a little to short. Maybe it is not a bad idea for CF Moto to deliver the Jetmax with another saddle in European countries.
    I wish you all the best luck Thomas..

5. #125 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Hi Guys, I'm sorry to hear from WGR the problems he has had with his JetMax 250. I am now due for a second service on my JM 250 and must say I have not had a problem. As mentioned earlier it is sad if the brand is normally good and WGH maybe copped a lemon. The CF Moto company apparently make a lot of different bikes and models and you would think the word would get out quickly if the brand was one to avoid.
    I have noticed dealers who are franchised to certain brands absolutely hate the opposition, particularly if the opposition is not only cheaper but a similar or better product.
    I wish WGR all the best and hope that he can get some satisfaction from CF Moto. I am sorry I haven't contributed lately to this great forum but I'm back. Cheers to all !!!!!

6. #126 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    Today I took a tour in the hills for 4 hours on the jetmax without any problem. Now 612 km done already.
    Thomas
    CF MOTO JETMAX 250I

7. #127 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    C-Moto Noob
    hi everyone. i think WGH has changed so many things on his bike. in my opinion this shouldn't make before using it for a while. first you should learn about your motorcycle and see what it needs and not. chinese bikes are very sensitive. their meintinance periods are very short and mast be handeled by experts. those are the same for jetmax i think.
    i wish good days all to you...

8. #128 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    C-Moto Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by 7g24s View Post
    hi everyone. i think WGH has changed so many things on his bike. in my opinion this shouldn't make before using it for a while. first you should learn about your motorcycle and see what it needs and not. chinese bikes are very sensitive. their meintinance periods are very short and mast be handeled by experts. those are the same for jetmax i think.
    i wish good days all to you...
    While not wishing to criticize WGH mainance record at all, I would just say I agree with you,,chinese bikes/scooters need lots and lots of Tender Loving Care,especially straight out the box,,,,,Hey WGH I hope the 650 is running ok and getting you to work!!!!!

9. #129 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Guys! For the record...
    All maintenance schedules were carried out as per supplier specification.
    The scoot was always under a cover.
    It was ridden carefully, never abused.
    The work you see carried out here was mostly remedial and warranty parts replacement- re-read my posts - the scoot was problematic from day one! I spent a lot of money on it for enhancement (rear top-box conversion, LED running lights, remote charging, aux stop / tail)
    I did around 5K miles on the thing in around six months of ownership, hardly a day without something going wrong. I am pleased for the other Jetmax owners who have had no issues, but I can only relate to my experience, not yours.
    I would be doing a disservice to prospective purchasers by saying I had a positive experience. So anyone in the UK looking to buy one of these - think again - and then keep thinking, do you want to gamble with £3000 hoping to get a good one?
    So I stand by my previous statement:
    Would I recommend a Chinese bike - NO!

Quote Originally Posted by lipsee View Post
    Hey WGH I hope the 650 is running ok and getting you to work!!!!!
    Hi lipsee, as you know this is my second 650, so far so good, but been riding it with kid gloves... Updates soon..

Ride safe and shiny side up..

10. #130 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    C-Moto Senior
    Fair do,s ,,,,, you seem to have had a right LEMON,,,,,I bought a £1200 bike and while it was not a perfect owning experience ,it was value for money....£3000 with the same or more problems is not value and a pain in the ass....

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast