Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
  1. #141 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    C-Moto Noob
    Got my Jetmax, really like it and enjoy riding it. One question though - has anyone replaced the rear shocks as I have it on max preload and still have to be careful about grounding out the centre stand. I'm not riding it hard through corners, it just seems the suspension is too soft or there isn't alot of ground clearance. Any suggestions? Cheers

2. #142 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    Gidday,

I've had my Jetmax now since 2010. Changed out the pair of OEM non-adjustable rear shocks (that's right inside PRC non-adjustable come standard whereas the export models come with the more expensive adjustable shocks) as one side burst a seal and started leaking. Anyway I looked at replacing the standard shocks for the CFMoto adjustable units which are far more expensive that the non-adjustable units, but decided for a little less money I could go after market. I bought a pair of pre-load and rebound adjustable shocks, with gas cartridge reservoirs, with the correct collars for fitting since the LHS collar differs from the RHS on the Jetmax. Can't recall the brand, as they were just a local brand. The shocks were okay, but nothing fantastic IMO. I'd not had any issues with them though in the end I decided to just go back to the non-adjustable OEM's and be done with it. The after market shocks sit in the packet they arrived in on a shelf in my garage here in Ch!na.

I only occasionally touched the centre stand down, so for me, no real reason to muck around with suspension too much from my point of view. When it comes to the rough stuff, I ride that scoot slow as, since it has short suspenders anyway, so rough riding provides a very harsh riding experience, but really good on the smooth. One thing I did do though was change out the OEM low profile radial tyres for foreign branded tyres e.g. Michelin, Pirelli etc. which give an increased ride height. This also meant having to modify the centre stand to compensate. You can read my review about these mods in my Jetmax thread.

3. #143 Re: Jetmax is DEAD! 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Unfortunately you can not :(
    Thanks
    Emad Magdy
    ccc_newcairo@yahoo.com

4. #144 Re: My Luggage Rack Is On. 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    Quote Originally Posted by WirralGhostHunter View Post
    What an easy job. It took around thirty minutes (I took it easy), but what a transformation. My scoot redefines practicability, I love it. Not much to write about the install, four bolts to remove the old bars, eight bolts to put the new kit together - plus a few bolts for the topbox. Thanks again to bikerdoc for making this possible. Here are some pics of my scoot, now with a rather fat behind

Attachment 8233Attachment 8234Attachment 8235Attachment 8236Attachment 8237
    Can anyone inform me with the part number of this Luggage Rack and its Grab Rails please ?
    Thanks
    Emad Magdy
    ccc_newcairo@yahoo.com

5. #145 Re: My Luggage Rack Is On. 
    Quote Originally Posted by emadJetMax View Post
    Can anyone inform me with the part number of this Luggage Rack and its Grab Rails please ?

You need to PM Bikerdoc on this forum he does have all the details you need and i think he sells them and can ship to you ok so PM the guy
    "Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded"

6. #146 Sad hello 
    C-Moto Senior WirralGhostHunter's Avatar
    Hi Guys,
    Its been a while, thought I'd better jump in to say hello, but also a goodbye
    I'll keep this as brief as I can.
    After my mishap with the Pulse Adrenaline - I was in need of a bike.....
    I was paid out by the insurance, and I initially was going to buy another Adrenaline.
    During the short time of ownership - it never let me down - but it was woefully underpowered. I wish they made a more powerful model - I would buy one now...
    Any how, I could not find one in stock - anywhere!!!
    In desperation, I contacted my long suffering dealer to see if he had anything to see me through the winter.
    He had nothing in stock, but came back to me saying WK had a Jetmax that they had returned because a dealer went bust. Supposedly brand new..... And I could have it for somewhat less than list..
    Alarm bells clanging in my head, but he assured me that all the bugs had been ironed out since I last had one...
    I needed a bike and going against my instincts I agreed, knowing I could rely on him for support.

OK, two cfmoto lemons (650nk + Jetmax), surely now I should have a good one - right?

WRONG!

Scoot delivered early evening, nice shiny black one. I put it under cover ready for work - next morning.

Day 1.. Started up and left for work. Two miles in and on the motorway - all the dash went dead - no speedo, lights - nothing. The whole panel dead. Next exit off I go and return home.
    Straight on the phone to the supplier - he cant collect for a week, as it was Friday, I agreed to look to see if I could spot what was wrong. WATER WATER WATER in all the connectors - dry them off and ACF50 them all.
    Dash and lights work again.

I let him know, he sound relieved. I also notice that this one has non adjustable rear shocks, my last one had adjustable's - perhaps this is how WK import them now..

Day 3. Starter makes a clacking sound. Does not sound healthy. Need to go to work - so off I go. Starter clacking louder when turned - report to dealer.

Dealer rings Main importer on my behalf, to give them a going over.
    They in return bollock him for selling me another scoot - work that one out.... Their words - " what the fuck are you doing selling him another vehicle" Nice I must say.

Day 6. Scoot wont start. no power to starter.

On the phone and my dealer agrees to pick it up.

Goes away and few days later comes back, starts up - but the starter noisy as hell.

Day 8. Error lights throw code - roll sensor - (remember that one)..

Day 9. No power to starter.

Dealer collects again, and delivers back a week later.

Day 10, starts and off I go to work, when I finish ready for return home engine cuts out - ring recovery to be lifted home.

Ring dealer, goes away and come back (while I'm at work - my son takes delivery)...

Day 11, starter turns once, then no power. Ring the dealer ( he says - oh that happened here too) ..

No time to sort now, I need to get to work.

Uncover my 2nd 650nk the nice red and black one - that had some issues but hopefully was going to get me to work -

WRONG!

Wont start - throws error code ..............

I resist kicking it over onto its side and explode on the phone to my dealer.

After long discussion, and kudos to him, he agrees to take both scoot and 650nk back, and source me a new bike.

Another Chinese bike perhaps - NOT A FUCKING CHANCE - I tell him JAP............

Over next week I test ride a NCX700, a Versys650 and a Vstrom 650 ABS.

Any way, I loose a barrow full of money, but at least I get rid of these nightmares.

UK readers who come across my posts, take heed.

Don't believe in bad luck, bad mojo, or anything else.

DON'T TOUCH THESE WK BIKES - JETMAX OR 650i-

I know I will probably get the usual - well I have one and mine is fine.

I'VE HAD FOUR - 2 JETMAX - 2 650i ...

If I had been thrashing them do you thing my dealer would have entertained me -- NO!

UK readers BEWARE! STAY AWAY FROM THESE WK BIKES.

Do yourself a favour and buy Jap - new or second hand - BUY JAP
    hmmmmm... not so brief after all..

I will be sorry to go, I have made some great acquaintances here, and I will miss messaging and posting to them.

Before I go, I would like you to introduce you to Alice, farkled out in a ton of Givi...

Peace and rubber side down guys..

SAM_0160.jpg

SAM_0166.jpg

SAM_0169.jpg
    Last edited by WirralGhostHunter; 05-11-2014 at 04:44 PM.

7. #147 Re: Sad hello 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    WGH, sorry to read of your nightmare experiences with the CFMoto fleet. Good to see that your dealer in some ways stood by you, though as you have alluded to the whole ownership experience cost you a lot of money aside from the frustration and compromised employment issues (bikes not getting you to/from your workplace etc.). I'm sure that the better PRC dealers will get there, and if it's any consolation to you, there is a certain German brand that seemingly (anecdotally) has just as poor outcomes or ownership experiences on machines that cost a boat load of more money, and the dealers/manufacturer don't seem to give a rats arse. You may or may not be interested to read this mechanics views on the German 'brand'

I'm happy to see that you crossed back over from the dark side and went more reliable Japanese, with a nice shiny DL650... complete with Givi architecture and a bike - that comes standard or has the ability to be fitted with a centre stand. I'm sure you are likely to experience a more fulfilling and rewarding less aggravating ownership, plus better equipped to ride a broader range of variable 'road' surfaces than either the Jetmax or CF650.

Really wish you great success and more enjoyable startups moving forward.

Shiny side up, rubber side down...

8. #148 Re: Sad hello 
    C-Moto Regular
    A BIG THANKS! to WGH and Waldo and everyone who shares their experience here. I was going to get a 650NK or Benelli to help me wait for my main bike... but after reading this... I am really glad I havn't purchased anything yet... I wanted a big cc bike around 50k but all the Jap bikes are over 70 k in China... so I guess I would rather settle for a small CC bike but more reliable... instead of trying to win the lottery of quality...

9. #149 Re: Sad hello 
    C-Moto Not-so-Noob
    I have read all your posts as I also have the adrenaline 250 good luck and thanks for all the info you have supplied in the past few years on the forum

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415