Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Thread: in Guangzhou

1. #1 in Guangzhou 
    In 2002, I was in Guangzhou, and accidently came across the south asia motorcycle show as I was walking to china telecom nearby to get online. In 2005, I returned to Guangzhou and just missed the same show by days. Now here I am again and I can't find any information if there is a show here this year and when. Surprised to find that motorcycles are banned from the city. I hope this doesn't set a precidence for the rest of china, or heaven forbid the rest of the world. Can anyone point any motorcyle things for me to do in Guangzhou?

Hello DudleyDoRite,

There are about 50 cities in China currently banning or limiting motorcycle use. Accidents, drive by theft, and pollution are the reasons cited for for the ban.

Not sure about the motorcycle show you are referring to. I went in 2003, but have not heard much about it since.

There is a thread here for the motorcycle parts market in Guangzhou, might be worth checking out http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148

Cheers!
    ChinaV

Thanks chinaV. That looks like a cool place to check out rather than more jewelry and cell phone stores. I'm interested in finding a folding electric bike too, that I could take back home and use on all trips, but that is another story