Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1. #91 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Aggie,

Here's the
    Barkbusters link. The owner is a guy called Matt Phillpott, and I'll PM you his email.

As for those handguards, called barkbusters down under, I'd like to hear from TB-Racing about how they'd hold up in a drop or a crash, since, as Zorge noted, they do not have a clamp on the interior end. Not an issue on a sidecar bike that I hope you never plan to drop, but I drop my JH600 "all the time," and each time I'm thankful that my guards -- shanzhai Acerbis from Taoabao as noted in the Hand Job thread -- are anchored at both ends.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #92 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Thanks for the help from all.

Attached below are a couple of pics of what I have. You can see I also have the Rox Risers and RAM GPS holder that add complexity but both are VERY comfortable for me to use.

When I stand on the pegs with the handle bars higher, I feel like I am on my XR650L and I am most comfortable there. Sorry but I am an old dirt biker and just do not like the crotch rocket position. I do not hold any animosity towards those that like crotch rockets or Harley lounge chair riding positions, I actually am happy for more bikers to get whatever variation of the motorcycle bug they get as long as they get it and it helps wake up China to the rich countryside riding that they presently make difficult to enjoy for some asinine reason.

Sorry for the soapbox rant. I am OK with 600RMB to 1000RMB for something worthwhile like a Barkbuster or something else. Spending time to fuck around with shit that does not work costs more in expensive red wine to calm me down than any taobao cheap savings that does not work is worth. I already have a set that wasted my time. I know TIC, but I refuse to roll over
    IMG-20120916-00239.jpgIMG-20120916-00240.jpg
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

3. #93 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Dear Aggie,

Your bars have plenty of room for interior clamps. The Barkbuster Storm pictured in the first page of the Hand Job thread is ideal for the JH, and the S4 model will work for the JH600. Two years ago Matt offered to ship them to me in Shanghai for about A$150 including shipping, a price that gave me traction control issues. As TB-Racing points out, the Storm S4 is available at TwistedThrottle.com for US$100-130 depending on mounting kit.

Have a look at this Taobao search and you'll see the many choices of shanzhai (fake) Acerbis handguards and even a couple of genuine sets for about 10x the price. I'm not endorsing domestic or import. Just sayin'...

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

4. #94 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Thanks Jeff,

Just to clarify, My issue has been that it seems I need to find a clamp that worked on the taper. All the clamps I have seen are straight holes. I have seen a neat design using the triple clamp bolt holes but I have no idea if they would work on the Jialing. As always, thanks to all for sage advice.
    DT

5. #95 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
    My issue has been that it seems I need to find a clamp that worked on the taper.

6. #96 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Thanks for the guidance.
    DT

7. #97 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    G'Day,

As the Jialing JH600B-A sidecar doesn't have a main stand added a small 2to. hydraulic SATA carjack to my tool kit, making changing wheels a lot easier while on the road in the middle of nowhere......
    Attached Images

8. #98 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Hey Jialing owners, I need the address for the Jialing service center near Nanjing. The old girl needs a full tune up. The local Shanghai rep. does want to work on my bike....
    Trick HD XL883 R, Jialing 600B, Chang Jiang 750,CF Moto 650 "G"TR, Sachs 125 Madass, Skyteam Ace 125 cafe racer and a Hong Du 250cc dirtbike

9. #99 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaifingers View Post
    Hey Jialing owners, I need the address for the Jialing service center near Nanjing. The old girl needs a full tune up. The local Shanghai rep. does want to work on my bike....
    This bike shop in Pudong had two JL sidecar on the showroom floor a few weeks back, not sure they do service work but worthwhile to check with them before heading into another province.
    Attached Images

10. #100 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    I am sorry to say there is not a Jialing service center in Nanjing that I have found and I have looked for 2 years. I use the Nanjing Benelli shop mechanic and when he cannot handle it, we bring in the Jialing expert from Hefei in Anhui. The guy from Hefei will come to you and is very good. I agree with TB to try and stay local but if that does not work, you might try and get the guy from Hefei to come to you like I do. My 2 quai
    DT

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast