Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
  1. #41 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    TB, did you drop by the Moganshan Lodge? You know Mark Kitto and his family are leaving China for good, tired of the frustrations and lack of quality schooling options for his kids. My sense is that they were simply going to shut down the lodge rather than leave it with someone else. They were having trouble renewing the three-year lease for the building. I fear Moganshan will really suffer without their international touch.

cheers!
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #42 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by euphonius View Post
    TB, did you drop by the Moganshan Lodge? You know Mark Kitto and his family are leaving China for good, tired of the frustrations and lack of quality schooling options for his kids. My sense is that they were simply going to shut down the lodge rather than leave it with someone else. They were having trouble renewing the three-year lease for the building. I fear Moganshan will really suffer without their international touch.
    cheers!
    Yes, MK and us are very good mates since the 90's and we did a three day trip together last weekend with our families (cars / bikes).
    Spot on, Moganshan will never be the same again once MK and family departs......

As always, many stories go around, read the article: http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/po...leaving-china/
    (lets not start a motherland bashing thread here please, thank you, this forum is about motorbikes after all)

3. #43 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Wow. That is a must-read, long but interesting read.

4. #44 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    I read that last week, along with all the comments (quite controversial). While reading, I said to myself "I bet TB-Racing knows this guy". Sounds like it's a loss to the community, frustrating that so many here share his view and are choosing to get out.

Glad the JH600 is working well for you (positive China story ), seems like you're racking up quite a few kilometres.

Cheers!
    ChinaV

5. #45 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Wow Mark is leaving for good.... damn he and his family will be missed. Better make a run up to the Lodge and say farewell instyle. Maybe we should organize a bike meet up there to send them off right. After all the best place to hang out in Mogan Shan is the lodge....

6. #46 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanghaifingers View Post
    Wow Mark is leaving for good.... damn he and his family will be missed. Better make a run up to the Lodge and say farewell instyle. Maybe we should organize a bike meet up there to send them off right. After all the best place to hang out in Mogan Shan is the lodge....
    MK's departure is set around spring 2013, enough time for a few runs up to the Moganshan Lodge and will arrange a bike meeting next year, no worries!

7. #47 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    I have not seen Mark in awhile, the last couple of trips up Mogan Shan last month he was MIA.... Good to hear that he's not leaving ASAP. We have some time to enjoy the Lodge and his company...

8. #48 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    Quick pit stop at JL Shanghai service (Mr.Fan CJ Service Hongguo Road / Hongqiao) yesterday for the initial oil / filter change (1200k's so far).
    Some tiny metal savings caught by the filter and was told some small shavings at the magnetic sump plug (did not see the plug, had to answer overseas call).
    Shifting feels a fraction smoother......
    Attached Images

9. #49 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Sad indeed that Mark and his family are leaving China for good. His article if a little controversial makes for some sobering reading and if the recent anti-Jap riots incited over a few islands are anything to go by then a property market crash is sure to have some pretty dire consequences, so he maybe on the money with his predictions.

Anyhow, back to bikes. TB-Racing, would be great if you could shed some light on the plate you managed to get for your Jialing. I am gonna have to do the same pretty soon, so if you can share the wisdom on how you got this plate it would be much appreciated with a cold VB or three.

Also, temp plates in Chongqing: Can the factory help with them or what is the process. I seem to remember reading a post about it a while back, but I have just searched and couldn't find it?

Cheers
    Shanghai
    2012 Jialing JH600B-A (Shanghai) 2011 Triumph Tiger 800 XC (UK)
    2003 Hyosung Aquila 125 (UK) 200? Yamaha YBR 125 (Yangshuo)
    2010 Triumph Bonneville A2 (sold)

10. #50 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tombaxers View Post
    TB-Racing, would be great if you could shed some light on the plate you managed to get for your Jialing.
    Order and payment of our JL sidecar went through Shanghai Jialing rep. Liu Zhidong (assistance was given by Mr.Fan aka Xiao Fan / Honguo Road in Hongqiao) and negotiated a all inclusive deal (they took care about rego / licensing).
    We got a Shanghai temporary plate for a 15 day period at the Hami Road (Hongqiao) Vehicle Managment Bureau without any problems within 10 min. and rode the sidecar rig out to Huzhou for the rego / licensing last week.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast