Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
  1. #51 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    As with all my big bikes, installed a CTek Smartcharger for long term storage today: http://smartercharger.com
    The CTek chargers are available from Taobao and Spidi shop (Shanghai / Pubei Road), bought the charger once again from Spidi shop last weekend.
    Attached Images

2. #52 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Thank you very much for posting this. I use a product called a Battery Tender in the US. My wife kept telling me they do not have them in China and I my Chinese language skills are too poor to describe to the guys here. They kept giving me car battery chargers. I have made a little trickle charger from a 12V power supply but you can not leave it on unattended day in and day out as it does not know to slow down when the battery is fully charged. Your post just made my life easier as I can now show the wife. Two of your posts in two days have made me smile. Thanks
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

3. #53 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggie View Post
    Thank you very much for posting this. I use a product called a Battery Tender in the US. My wife kept telling me they do not have them in China and I my Chinese language skills are too poor to describe to the guys here. They kept giving me car battery chargers. I have made a little trickle charger from a 12V power supply but you can not leave it on unattended day in and day out as it does not know to slow down when the battery is fully charged. Your post just made my life easier as I can now show the wife. Two of your posts in two days have made me smile. Thanks
    here you go = TAOBAO is your friend: http://s.taobao.com/search?q=ctek&co...ndexz_20120830
    using this one for big import bikes: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=14601472091

bought all my CTek Smartcharges from http://www.qiyi.cc in the Pubei Road / Shanghai shop as they have great customer service and ride bikes themselves, quite sure they have a Taobao website as well.

4. #54 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Perfect! I will have the wife order it up tomorrow. TaoBao is my friend when I have the info spoon fed to me like this. She can order clothes or anything related to fashion or something she likes with no issues but we have issues when it is me using google translate on TaoBao for motorcycle parts. 8 years in China and I do not even hear all the tones in the Chinese language much less read many characters. The wife is the only one who can begin to understand my crap attempts at speaking Chinese. Even the local team at work have given up on me and they now tell me to stick with English. I find myself just throwing what I can in a suitcase when I go to the USA and bringing it back with me. It is my weakness so I deal with it best I can. Thanks again for the help here.
    DT
    Keeping the rubber side down.....most of the time.
    Nanjing wheels:BMW F800GS / Texas wheels:BMW R1200GSA & 70' Bultaco El Bandido

5. #55 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    TB -

Do you have Liu's contact info you could pass on? Am thinking to get a JH600 and if your experience has been good so far, maybe I can throw him the business. Fan I already know, but Liu is someone I haven't run into before.

Any other issues you had with your Jialing I should wantch out for except the ECU upgrade issue I've been reading about?

6. #56 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinasam View Post
    TB -

Do you have Liu's contact info you could pass on? Am thinking to get a JH600 and if your experience has been good so far, maybe I can throw him the business. Fan I already know, but Liu is someone I haven't run into before.

Any other issues you had with your Jialing I should wantch out for except the ECU upgrade issue I've been reading about?
    Check your PM inbox please. No issues with my JH600B-A sidecar and was told the new generation sidecars have all the upgrades incl. ECU.

7. #57 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    By the way, thanks for the note about the SPIDI shop having those CTEK battery tenders...Went by there yesterday and got one finally (3.6 amp). They are really nice to deal with there. Seems they also got a HUGE shipment of helmets and gear recently - could barely walk around in there with so many boxes of stuff.
    Sam --
    The older I get, the faster I was....
    2006 CJ750 Sidecar / 2012 Ducati MTSPP / 2013 SRX5

8. #58 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinasam View Post
    By the way, thanks for the note about the SPIDI shop having those CTEK battery tenders...Went by there yesterday and got one finally (3.6 amp). They are really nice to deal with there. Seems they also got a HUGE shipment of helmets and gear recently - could barely walk around in there with so many boxes of stuff.
    That "SPIDI" shop you visited in Pubei Lu is actually called Qiyi Motorcycle Gear and is one of two outlets in Shanghai. The other is up in Hongkou district at 513 Wenshui Lu 虹口区汶水路513号. It's smaller, but also packed with good stuff that the owners, Wang (王) Simon (俺云) and his wife, sell in their Taobao shop. As TB-Racing noted, the quality of the service in both shops is immeasurably higher than in many places because this couple actually ride and love motorcycles. Simon had a bad accident a couple years ago, which helps explain his strong focus on safety gear.

cheers
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

9. #59 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    G'day,

Impossible to get the JL JH600B-A sidecar rig onto the Anting MX-Track alone yesterday wasn't holding me back for some sort of fun.
    Between the MX-Track and the Shanghai - Nanjing expressway is a large stretch of grassland, great for simple off-road driving.....
    This sidecar rig is bloody brilliant so far and can't wait to explore Hainan Island later this year.
    Attached Images

10. #60 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Danger, Will Robinson! Lao Jia Hou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    This sidecar rig is bloody brilliant so far
    Glad you're enjoying it . I know that mine was heads & shoulders above any CJ. Yeah, I will get another one, I think. Nice pics!

And thanks for the valuable info on the battery tenders. I would definitely love to have one of those. Alas, unlike you rich folks (TA and TB), I am but a poor farmer without access to an electrical outlet where I park my bikes.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast