Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
  1. #71 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    mostly Shanghai, sometimes northern California
    jkp
    Shanghai
    2010 JH600 "Merkin Muffley" (in Shanghai)
    2000 KLR650 "Feezer Ablanalp" (in California)

2. #72 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    foreign China moto dude bikerdoc's Avatar
    +2

3. #73 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Quote Originally Posted by TB-Racing View Post
    Did you get the rego sorted or rode without rego / plates?
    Rode without any plates for the trip and since LZD is refusing to help me (as I didn't order the bike through him) Jialing have sorted me out with their dealership in Changzhou who are going to sort Jiangsu plates for the bike. The bike should be back in Shanghai in about a week (all being well with Deppon, who incidentally were very efficient and seemingly really quite cheap - final bill tbc) so I am going to get on the case with Jialing Changzhou and the Jiangsu rego then.

Got questioned by the police on 5 different occasions, but the only time they asked about the paizhao - or lack thereof - was when they caught me at 2am on the Gaosu in Sichuan on the way up to Yinchuan and when I told them I had bought the bike the day before and showed them the fapiao they didn't seem to care and didn't mention it again.
    Shanghai
    2012 Jialing JH600B-A (Shanghai) 2011 Triumph Tiger 800 XC (UK)
    2003 Hyosung Aquila 125 (UK) 200? Yamaha YBR 125 (Yangshuo)
    2010 Triumph Bonneville A2 (sold)

4. #74 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tombaxers View Post
    Jialing have sorted me out with their dealership in Changzhou who are going to sort Jiangsu plates for the bike. The bike should be back in Shanghai in about a week
    Had a temporary Shanghai "XA" paper plate (valid for 15 days) within 15-20 min. from the Hami Road Vehicle Managment Bureau the day after my bike was delivered through LZD / Mr.Fan in case you do not have a plate at all might be worth trying to get one for your bike. Good luck with your registration and plating in Jiangsu, make sure you get a real rego and plate as Jiangsu is notorious for fake plates and rego.....

Lets set up a JOG = Jialing Owners Group meeting in Shanghai in the near future.

5. #75 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Had a temporary Shanghai "XA" paper plate (valid for 15 days) within 15-20 min. from the Hami Road Vehicle Managment Bureau the day after my bike was delivered through LZD / Mr.Fan in case you do not have a plate at all might be worth trying to get one for your bike.
    Sounds like a good option. What do I need to do to get one of them? Has anyone posted about this procedure on here?

Good luck with your registration and plating in Jiangsu, make sure you get a real rego and plate as Jiangsu is notorious for fake plates and rego.....

Lets set up a JOG = Jialing Owners Group meeting in Shanghai in the near future.
    Yep, I intend to be careful with it, but if anyone can provide any pointers to ensure that I don't end up with a fake one that would be great?
    Shanghai
    2012 Jialing JH600B-A (Shanghai) 2011 Triumph Tiger 800 XC (UK)
    2003 Hyosung Aquila 125 (UK) 200? Yamaha YBR 125 (Yangshuo)
    2010 Triumph Bonneville A2 (sold)

6. #76 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    Originally Posted by tombaxers
    Sounds like a good option. What do I need to do to get one of them? Has anyone posted about this procedure on here?

For my Italian import bike had the official China dealer / importer handle it, I prefer all inclusive deals with vehicles..... all they needed from my side was my passport as the official invoice and later registration is in my name.
    Once again = all incl. deal, JL LZD took care about the temporary paper plate for my JL-JH600B-A sidecar and all was needed from my side was the ID card from the person the bike gets registered to and the invoice was issued to (procedure took 15min. and he had all the paperwork with him incl. the JL manual and cd-rom and can't really comment what was needed as I waited in a corner doing emails).

Originally Posted by tombaxers
    Yep, I intend to be careful with it, but if anyone can provide any pointers to ensure that I don't end up with a fake one that would be great?

Got some contacts in the police force in Jiangsu or know someone who has.... computer checks are almost 99.9% correct.....

7. #77 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tombaxers View Post
    Full ride report report to follow in due course..... but full details to follow in the RR.
    G'Day,
    Great meeting up for this first time while in Moganshan this weekend during the MGS triathlon (side note: I did the drinking, the extreme sports guys did the swim, bicycling, running).
    Now after all the details we have talked about i really look forward to the ride report and the list of damages.

Some pics attached taken during the MGS weekend......
    Attached Images

8. #78 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Not meaning to hijack this thread but a little off topic of sorts. I'm riding up to Shanghai this coming Monday (15 October) unless the weather turns to custard in which case I will drive up. Planning to stay from Monday through to Wednesday. If you are available for a meet up in SH'ers then drop me a PM. See my thread here> http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?4844-Visiting-Shanghai-16-18-October-2012&p=49492#post49492

9. #79 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdoc View Post
    If you are available for a meet up in SH'ers then drop me a PM.
    Not available during weekdays, business visitors in town all this week..... sorry.

Stopping at a roadside shrine in the Moganshan mountains didn't help as the electrical gremlins caught up with me 50k's out of Shanghai (parked up at a paintball / counterstrike playing field at Huqingping Highway) while drinking beers waiting for one of our trusty tow truck drivers.

The power outlet connection and cables rattled loose and the powered wires touched metal somewhere and short circuit a few relay (incl. starter relay), quite funny all the fuses stayed intact.
    Just the day before a JL JH600B-A owner mention of exactly the same problem (cables coming loose at the power outlet) and had it on my mental to do list to check the nuts and screws on the power outlet once back home.....
    Attached Images

10. #80 Re: Jialing JH600B Sidecar 
    Not available during weekdays, business visitors in town all this week..... sorry.
    No worries...

Stopping at a roadside shrine in the Moganshan mountains didn't help as the electrical gremlins caught up with me 50k's out of Shanghai (parked up at a paintball / counterstrike playing field at Huqingping Highway) while drinking beers waiting for one of our trusty tow truck drivers.

The power outlet connection and cables rattled loose and the powered wires touched metal somewhere and short circuit a few relay (incl. starter relay), quite funny all the fuses stayed intact.
    Just the day before a JL JH600B-A owner mention of exactly the same problem (cables coming loose at the power outlet) and had it on my mental to do list to check the nuts and screws on the power outlet once back home.....
    Bugger! How much did it cost you for the tow back into SH?

My 650 Burgman Exec, spat the dummy last week, when it came with a dreaded F1 warning, after having refuelled at a petrol station just out of Ningbo city on a ride back home 30km away. I switched on the ignition - all the usual idiot lights and headlight came on, hit the starter and nothing. After checking and rechecking what I could, gave in and called 122 (emergency breakdown service) and towed the bike on a tow truck the 25km back to home. The next morning, during fault finding in my garage with full suite of tools, I discovered that a small plug that connects through a battery cover connecting point direct to the starter solenoid had become disconnected all on its own (bike was new to me 3 weeks at the time). Reconnected plug, and all problems solved. Cost to me for the whole incident was rmb350 and 4 hours of my time for the roadside wait and transport back to home.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast