I went to that shop off 水西门大街 to ask about the Regal Raptor 350cc chopper/cruiser. I didn't buy the Raptor eventually, I bought this:
IMG_0714.jpg
At a price of 7980 yuan this looks like at attractive purchase.
I've ridden it around and I understand that I've been wrong about bikes for 6 years plus.
125cc is enough for city traffic. That's it. And you can an attractive 125cc bike for a third of a price of, say, Suzuki GW250 (which is, actually, a beautifully engineered machine).
Anyways, the bike itself.
Looks:
IMG_0712.jpg
The bike looks. There was Bonneville and Kawasaki W400/650/800 and Kawasaki BJ250 (Estrella). And now there's this. QingQi U-Zeal. Minimum says it. Nothing extra, pretty basic. Still someone at QingQi got the classic style and penned a recognizeable bike that differs from other Chinese offerings.

Handling:
IMG_0715.jpg
Non-adjustable front fork, spring-rebound rear shocks. All simple. What surprised me, though, is that the suspension is pretty sharp and allows to steer the bike like you'd want. I'm not a cornering pro neither I am a racer, but I feel that this suspension allows for sharper turns than those I put it through :)
Tyres on it are "Kingstone" 90/90-18 front; 120/80-16 rear. Can't say anything about tyres, seem to be ok. That's not a supersport anyway so I guess the tyres match.

Comfort:
My wife complained about not having enough room on the back of it and she said it was a much harsher ride than her Suzuki EN150-A. As for me, I don't really get the footpeg position. Were they forward controls, they'd've been OK. Were they center mounted, would've been fine too. They are neither. Located somewhere inbetween of the aforementioned two places, they make the riding position feel weird.
Maybe for an average Chinese rider that'd be a semi-chopper posture. Me, I feel, well, weird. Given that you can't grab the tank with your knees it's very strange.
Not that it's uncomfortable, though. It's OK. Still I doubt it'll feel natural on a long ride.

Insides:
The bike is powered by a QingQi 125cc engine that has strange marking on it:
IMG_0717.jpg
Don't know what "GS" refers to, but to me it sounds like a Suzuki engine series marking(probably rebranded/reverse-engineered/stolen/whatever).
The bike has a Mikuni carburettor with a choke on its side and that's cool for a Chinese bike.
Altogether the engine sound is, well, no sound. Starts easily, charges the battery. All the lights work like they should. The ignition switch has a position where the steering's locked and the lights (front and rear) are on.
Oh, and it has some weird thing under the tank on the front right side, which looks like this:
IMG_0718.jpg
It has letters HF on it and the shop sales couldn't explain what it was used for. I haven't had time to reasearch that, so your guess is as good as mine.

The bike has the same front controls as my wife's Suzuki. same brand, same model. Apparently, the engine is similar to that of Suzuki GZ-125. There might be more going on between QingQi and Suzuki than we know about.
In general: feels solid, rides as a 125cc would. Looks great. Will keep you updated.