Adventure Motorcycle Magazine Subscribe Now

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #21 Re: QingQi U-Zeal (轻骑 125-3B): Back to the Basics 
    Suzuki did not make the GSX250 engine in China, they must have imported and assembled them in China maybe they manufactured some parts in china, but they certainly never made its engine in China. The Chinese motorcycle industry copied the shit out of the GSX250 frame, copied versions of its frame are seen on a bunch of different manufacturers models.

The CCW version is called the ACE….
    http://www.motorfans.com.cn/bbs/t_17259135.htm

They likely are sharing a supply chain for the shared bits.
    Last edited by MJH; 07-06-2012 at 01:25 PM.

2. #22 Re: QingQi U-Zeal (轻骑 125-3B): Back to the Basics 
    The Suzuki GSX250 was a 4-cylinder DOHC 16 valve, so was the Yamaha Zeal, a pretty cool bike, but only offered in Japan. Neither is in production any longer,

Suzuki currently has three 250 engines, two are singles one is a twin. One is the GN250 (Haojue), the other is the engine Qingqi manufactures and the third is the GW250 also made by Haojue. The singles are different the GN250 is older and has 4-valves and a dual exhaust port, the Qingqi 250 is newer a 2-valve and single exhaust.

The Qingqi U-Zeal is a cool little bike. I am also noticing that the images of the CCW Ace version is sporting an OHC and a lowered MSRP…It is not likely to have a Suzuki engine design, more likely a Honda design the Somoto version are stated at 230cc which is likely the 223cc engine. Or it will come with a 229cc OHV that is on the Heist and Misfit?

The connection is through Pioneer, as an investor, according to the Somoto website, but there is also a connection with Haojin (not to be confused with Haojue) but that is only revealed in the address which for both Somoto and Haoijin is the same.

3. #23 Re: QingQi U-Zeal (轻骑 125-3B): Back to the Basics 
    Man, you're THE source of information!

4. #24 Re: QingQi U-Zeal (轻骑 125-3B): Back to the Basics 

5. #25 Re: QingQi U-Zeal (轻骑 125-3B): Back to the Basics 
    Is that the design center “Pulsar” in Jinan?

This page actually has the SOMOTO brand name on it…..

6. #26 Re: QingQi U-Zeal (轻骑 125-3B): Back to the Basics 
    My suggestion would be to attempt to bring Wonjan into the SUMOTO group, to develop around the GN250 engine? In return to get access to that engine and its associated parts.

http://www.wonjan.cn/

Same style bike as the U-ZEAL, it just has a bigger frame.

PS. The fork sleeves make the front look more substantial…thicker, heavier and not so thin looking. Plus they actually protect the fork cylinders.

7. #27 Re: QingQi U-Zeal (轻骑 125-3B): Back to the Basics 
    Looks cool. It does. Suzuki branded... I like the fork sleeves, might probably install those on mine.

8. #28 Re: QingQi U-Zeal (轻骑 125-3B): Back to the Basics 
    Suzuki still makes the Grass tracker, they sell them in Japan they come in to versions
    They both come with the J438 engine (same engine Qingqi manufactures, 249cc 2-valve SOHC) with EFI.

Grass Tracker Bigboy:
    Height/width/length: 2,200 mm / 910mm / 1,145 mm
    Seat Height/Weight: 790mm / 139kg (31.1inches)/(306lbs)

GrassTracker
    Height/width/length: 2,050 mm / 900mm / 1,130 mm
    Seat Height/Weight: 750mm / 136kg (29.5inches)/(299lbs)

9. #29 Re: QingQi U-Zeal (轻骑 125-3B): Back to the Basics 
    The GN250 engine was what was originally in the Grass Trackers, that is the engine in the first image, the orange and white bike, see the dual exhaust that represents what Suzuki called a TDCO (twin dome combustion chamber) that engine is a 249cc 4-valve SOHC.

Haojue manufactures the engine in china as part of the Grand River Group and is affiliated with Wonjan that also sells the GN250 engine. It looks like that engine is beign phased out. It is offered in a model in the USA called a GZ250, which was last imported in 2010.

I suspect that the GN250 cannot meet European or Chinese emissions, but it does meet the USA emissions and certainly the Russian emissions as well. Those are two markets that a GN250 based grass tracker could sell into. I would not mind seeing a connection with SOMOTO and Baltmotors. I see Kaliningrad as a potential production center for the model, because the retail cost of what is coming out of that center are reasonable.

That would be parallel production centers, one in the Russian oblast and one in the USA or China if the former cannot bring products to the market at under current market prices.
    Even if the units are bought as completely knocked down they could be still manufactured in china, the CBK source being Wonjan, the production center would be were SOMOTO is currently operating out of in china.

Here is the part I guess makes me sound like the one guy banker….in order to manage that you need to code parts into a relational process management system. That’s a distributed process management system, that uses data sets that can be accessed through the system at various functional levels. It is primarily based on coded VIN numbers. Otherwise you will not be able to grow beyond a certain point, eventually the growth will render dysfunction, it has to be what is called scalable and ideally takes that form early on.

10. #30 Re: QingQi U-Zeal (轻骑 125-3B): Back to the Basics 
    OK, if we have exhausted all possible combinations, let's get back to Steve's fanciest-cabbage-bike-ever-made.

Steve, show us more details: breaks, gauges, foot pegs, lights, this HF contraption...
    Ask me nothing - I DO NOT speak english. Really...

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast